bushpig; back out of the bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bushpig; back out of the bush

Tilly, Tony and others no doubt; it is good to see you old stalwarts still in the bizz. As you know I love you guys.

I made the mistake of visiting the infopop commercial; it did bring a tear to my eye but the memories of what was accomplished there in the past remain, until dementia sets in anyway..

I am no longer in the position to discuss or help anyone, I have long since forgotten much, although chemical principles still remain. Even had to look up the temperature to brew!!! How are the mighty fallen, if I do say so myself.

However it is good to rejoin such a set of people.

bushpig

Re: bushpig; back out of the bush

Hi Bushpig,
    It is good to see you back.
    Biodiesel home manufacture is on the steep decline.
    The yahoo biodiesel forum has died.
    The Infopop forum is only a ghost of it's former self.
    People are still trying to make a quick buck selling whatever they can sell, but because of the collapse of home biodiesel production, there are very few people out there buying things.

Biopro changed hands and for a couple of years had stopped advertising on Infopop and seemed to be targeting restaurants and universities. At the same time their dealers network fell from around 35 to just 7 at the present time.
    In the last few months they have recommenced advertising on Infopop so I guess their sales are on the decline

I have WVO running out of my ears. And it is Veg oil, not the tallow I had to cope with in the good old days. I am sharing with another forum member.

Tilly
    tillyfromparadise
    Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 31 January 2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
      Hi Bushpig,

I have WVO running out of my ears. And it is Veg oil, not the tallow I had to cope with in the good old days. I am sharing with another forum member.

Tilly
      Canola? Given my temperature difference would you swap for cotton seed if so?

BP

Comment

Most of it is cotton seed.

Comment

Ahh well; there is always kerosine....

Comment

Bushpig,
            Welcome back to the fold.

Lots has happened over the past few years. The forum is not as busy these days, but we still have the occasional newcomer who wants to learn.

Best wishes,
            Tony
            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
            '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
            '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
            '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
            '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
            '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
            '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
            '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
            '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
            '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
            '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
            Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
            X