Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble uploading images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble uploading images?

I was going fine, but now get an error saying that my images are of an 'invalid format'. Nothing I can see has changed. I've tried re-sizing them, renaming, them, changing the extensions, but get the same result every time now.
    3DB
    1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016 - SOLD
    1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD
    @thirddegreeburns on Instagram
    @thirddegreeburns2019 on Facebook

Re: Anyone else having trouble uploading images?

3dB.
    This is a known issue on the forum.
    The site owner is aware of this issue.
    Perhaps you can link to images stored elsewhere instead?
    I don't know whether that can be done in an album but it can be done in posts.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

looking for solution.. is there any??

Comment

YES, Read the messages above or read the link in my footer for the solution.
        Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
          YES, Read the messages above or read the link in my footer for the solution.
          Tony

ohh.. ok. thanks.

Comment

Hi Tony,

That link in your footer takes me back to the forum home page.

From there I checked the FAQs about uploading images and have followed all instructions and am still unable to upload.

Is it just not possible and you need to link to an external file handling site?

If there is a solution and it is possible to upload, would it be worth pasting the contents of your footer link in this thread and/or the FAQs for ease of future reference?
            3DB
            1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD

Comment

3DB,
              Thanks for pointing that out. The Post had been moved and that broke the link. I have updated the link so that it now works. Please check it out and advise if it does not work.
              Regards,
              Tony

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Thanks, Tony. Link is working now.

I'm pretty confident I'm doing everything right for method 2 and still getting no joy. I have re-sized and re-named my images many times but still get the same error. I think I will stick to using an external host as all of this is fairly labourious.

Here is the content of your other post for others who may visit this post:

"There are 2 ways to post pictures:
                1. Upload them to a photo hosting site and link them to your post using the picture icon in the message toolbar.
                2. Upload the images directly to the forum using the [Manage Attachments] button in the "Additional Options" section below the message window.

When posting, please ensure that the image is not so large that it is wider than the normal column width of posts in the topic. This causes the text not to wrap and is wider than the screen on some computers, causing the reader to scroll back and forth to read the message.
                This is inconsiderate and tiresome to many who wish to read the posts and look at the image, without having to scroll across the page to see it all.

Microsoft has some "Powertools" including an image resizing tool which can size images and save the resized images in the same directory as the original image, with a modified file name eg xxxxsmall.jpg is the small size resized image of xxxx.jpg.

A quick google should reveals you can obtain a free copy of this utility HERE.

Method 2 allows uploading of files with the following extensions:bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip.

There are size restrictions and the files may not be supported when uploading to Personal Messages."

3DB

Comment

Originally posted by 3DB View Post
                  Thanks, Tony. Link is working now.

I'm pretty confident I'm doing everything right for method 2 and still getting no joy. I have re-sized and re-named my images many times but still get the same error. I think I will stick to using an external host as all of this is fairly labourious.

Here is the content of your other post for others who may visit this post:

"There are 2 ways to post pictures:
                  1. Upload them to a photo hosting site and link them to your post using the picture icon in the message toolbar.
                  2. Upload the images directly to the forum using the [Manage Attachments] button in the "Additional Options" section below the message window.

When posting, please ensure that the image is not so large that it is wider than the normal column width of posts in the topic. This causes the text not to wrap and is wider than the screen on some computers, causing the reader to scroll back and forth to read the message.
                  This is inconsiderate and tiresome to many who wish to read the posts and look at the image, without having to scroll across the page to see it all.

Microsoft has some "Powertools" including an image resizing tool which can size images and save the resized images in the same directory as the original image, with a modified file name eg xxxxsmall.jpg is the small size resized image of xxxx.jpg.

A quick google should reveals you can obtain a free copy of this utility HERE.

Method 2 allows uploading of files with the following extensions:bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip.

There are size restrictions and the files may not be supported when uploading to Personal Messages."

Method 2 no longer works. Please use method 1.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Working...
                  X