Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomastown Biodisel

Hello All,

I've just loaded the location of Thomastown plant in the Biodiesel finder. Details are there

I've run 100 litres through the surf so far and all good. Have a chat with Tom while your there.

J

Re: Thomastown Biodisel

Gidday, I am pleased there is an outlet in Thomastown but I live in Gippsland. Do you happen to know of outlets in Traralgon, Sale, Bairnsdale? Thomastown is probably a tad too far for a fillup..ha!
    Cheers, Andy.......colonialhomes@hotkey.net.au

Comment

Hi Andy,

Yup sorry I'm not aware of any in that area. But some one else might. And if I hear anything I will be sure to let you know

Cheers

J

Comment

Update

The lads out at thomastown are also putting on cheaper rates for MBDC members for a while.

Cheers

J

Comment

Cool, about cheap rates for members in thomastown, going to top up today. Just back from driving round Tasmania on our honymoon. No biodiesel any where that i could find in Tassie and had to burn the evil fossil fuel. Down in tassie their fossil diesel is even more disgusting than usual fossil, looks and smells like a mixture of Kero and heating oil and my exhaust smell also confirmed something like Kero and heating oil,?! Must have something to do with being south of 40 degrees latitude.
          see you on the third Jammard, DAZ.

Comment

Hey Daz,

Pity about the BD down in TAS. I'm heading down there later in the year, so i'll get some tips from ya. Fortuantely for me I can fit about 170 litres on board and tassie isn't that big.

Good to have ya back Daz and look forward to seeing you guys on Sat.

cheers

J

Originally posted by darren leonadas View Post
            Cool, about cheap rates for members in thomastown, going to top up today. Just back from driving round Tasmania on our honymoon. No biodiesel any where that i could find in Tassie and had to burn the evil fossil fuel. Down in tassie their fossil diesel is even more disgusting than usual fossil, looks and smells like a mixture of Kero and heating oil and my exhaust smell also confirmed something like Kero and heating oil,?! Must have something to do with being south of 40 degrees latitude.
            see you on the third Jammard, DAZ.

Comment

The guys at thomastown are doing a special for MBDC members, $1 a dollar a litre untill further notice, so get down there and tank up. Also properly calibrated bowser. Gertrude the 300TD is happier now with all that evil fossil fuel from tassie splash blended with the good ol' BD. No more smokin' and shuddering.

Comment

Hi Guy's,
                Was out at Thomastown yesterday. They are putting in two new pumps on the other side of the factory so we don't have to reverse back up the drive after filling . I always fell like i am going to hit someone doing that. Plus it will result in less waiting if there is a semi (had to wait 15 min yesterday).
                Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI
                75000 km on Bio 100 :)
                :(Sold:(

BA Falcon on e10 at the moment
                looking for flex fuel conversion

1966 VC Valiant 225 slant 6
                Won't run on bio for some reason :rolleyes:

Comment

Will they fill 44s ??

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas View Post
                    The guys at thomastown are doing a special for MBDC members, $1 a dollar a litre untill further notice, so get down there and tank up. Also properly calibrated bowser. Gertrude the 300TD is happier now with all that evil fossil fuel from tassie splash blended with the good ol' BD. No more smokin' and shuddering.
                    That's good to know. So how do we show we are members of the Melbourne Biodiesel Club and get the special price ???

Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by pdm.375 View Post
                      That's good to know. So how do we show we are members of the Melbourne Biodiesel Club and get the special price ???

Peter.
                      Plus how do we join the Melbourne Biodiesel Club
                      Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

Originally posted by spudseamus View Post
                        Will they fill 44s ??
                        I am sure they would. they let me fill my 4x 25 lt drums then put them in the back of the polo. As long as ya drum is not gunna roll around on transport it should not be a problem.
                        Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

thanks for that --ill give them a ring just in case--- i see you run bio in a cdi volks-- my son had a golf 2007 he was askin how you find the bio goes in a commom rail engin?

Comment

Originally posted by spudseamus View Post
                            thanks for that --ill give them a ring just in case--- i see you run bio in a cdi volks-- my son had a golf 2007 he was askin how you find the bio goes in a commom rail engin?
                            It goes great on it but the Polo is not a common rail engine it is a Pumpe-Düse (pump injectors).

Volkswagen's Pumpe Duse or pump injectors also use a computer controlled electric solenoid to control injector opening and duration but there the similarity stops. Instead of one high pressure pump for the fuel system, each Pumpe Duse injector is its own high pressure pump.
                            Fuel is supplied to each Pumpe Duse injector from a low pressure fuel pump and lines. A camshaft and rocker arms on the cylinder head operate a plunger with return spring on the top of the injector body that produce the high fuel pressure. This high pressure fuel is then injected, with injection controlled by the computer.
                            One of the advantages the Pumpe Duse injection system has the high pressure it operates at. With up to 30,000 PSI injection pressure, considerably higher than common rail systems, the Pumpe Duse injector provides finer atomisation of the fuel for high torque and power with low emissions and high fuel efficiency. The Pumpe Duse diesels are capable of converting up to 43 per cent of the thermal energy in the fuel into mechanical energy. This is better than for any other liquid-fuelled production car.

Link to full artical explaining P-D

CanadianDriver: Auto Tech - Pumpe Duse
                            Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

Hi,

That $1 rate finished a long time ago. And melbourne biodiesel club has become part of the ATA now.

I think bio at thomastown is around $1.30 at the moment. Anyway they are always a lot cheaper than petro, unlike other bio outlets.

chees

J

Comment

Working...
                              X