• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hydrogen generator update

Hi all
    Now my thinking may be flawed, but..
    "Energy in Energy out"
    So why not try to generate hydrogen with "other" energy not the petrol engine? What I was thinking of was an alternator to hydrogen producer running off the drive line. A switch would activate the 30amp load on the (drive line) only on braking or deceleration. This would act as a weak brake, and produce hydrogen fuel with "real" surplus and "new" energy.
    The momentum stored in the slowing car is transferred to heat in the brakes, this system would hijack a some of this energy to generate hydrogen fuel to be burned later.
    Gravity could add to the energy. Think of a car free wheeling down a hill, gravity is helping to speed it up, again this system would hijack a some of this energy to generate hydrogen fuel to be be burned later.
    Whilst I concede the volume of Hydrogen produced will be less than that direct of the engine, but would not the gas produced, be energy of net gain?

Cheers

Comment

David A - I'm not sure if that was an original thought, or if you read it somewhere, but it's inspired!

A setup like what is used in hybrid cars, with electric brakes, could be used to generate hydrogen. It's obviously not enough to run the car, but it could help save some fuel.

Nice one!

Pert - It's still not clear to me exactly what you are trying to say.
      Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Sorry.. was in reply to Troy who said HHO is just steam

Comment

Originally posted by Pert View Post
          Sorry.. was in reply to Troy who said HHO is just steam
          HHO gas, is steam. What you produce from water via electrolysis, is not HHO, it is hydrogen gas, and oxygen gas. HHO is a misnomer.

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          instead of makin hydragen and doing double conversions to the energy why not just use a motor generator and put the power you make into a battery and use the genarator as a motor when you need the extra power.
          a permanant magnet motor will genarate power as well be a motor but good luck finding the space to fit anything like this in the first place and then getting rego and insurance for the car with all this hangin off of it.
          carnt possibly see how this wood be practical or worth it.
          You have just described a hybrid car...to an extent.
          Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Hi All
            I am seriously setting out to follow this line of thought through, I am on the forum to see if the collective can help me solve some of the problems.
            My objective is to supplement my unleaded car engine with Hydrogen gas via the carburettor in an attempt to find a few extra kilometres that were not purchased in Saudi Arabia.
            The plan
            Generate power with a wind generator (or any other “free” energy) fed into a Hydrogen generator (electrolysis) and then store the resulting Hydrogen gas for use in the car.
            Problem STORAGE
            I would hope to fit an alternator to hydrogen producer running off the drive line of my car. A switch would activate the 30amp load on the (drive line) only on braking (switching with brake light relay) or deceleration (pressure switch on accelerator pedal). This would act as a weak brake, and produce hydrogen fuel with "real" surplus and "new" energy.
            Problem STORAGE

Does anyone have any insight into Hydrogen gas storage?

Comment

The fuel companies now have an HHO generator in U.K announced & shown publicly for first time this week.
              The generator cost them $3000 & it fills cars with HHO on demand.

Problem is they can only run car for 40 miles between fills due to storage problem... car can then switch back to petrol.
              They also showed the BMW only available in Europe which runs solely on HHO.

I think my HHO generator is far advanced to theirs... & I have the added incentive.. Predicted petrol price announced today here in 2014 to be $8 a litre ($28 U.S. gallon)

Comment

I think you will find they are hydrogen generators. Have you not gotten the message on using the misnomer HHO yet?

Or are you pushing some agenda?

Comment

Howdy all, I currently have a 4 cell Hydrogen generator installed in my Dodge Truck. I am glad to see that others are experimenting with these devices. My miles per gallon went from 17 to 24 in town, I have not been able to measure my highway milage yet. If you want information on how to build or troubleshoot your own unit then visit these forums. All information is free for the reading. http://www.hhoforums.com/index.php?referrerid=49

Comment

Hello all of you..I would like to inquire on how much water and baking soda would be needed to treat say..20 gallons of gastank in order to obtain a 30% gas reduction (that what I read is poss). I am trying to determine the cost of the baking soda and distilled water per 20 gallons. I would also like to know if there is a simple way to make water distilled without buying it. Rainwater?? lake water??, I hate to build a still. If all seems practical..I'll build it. Thanks all, Bob

Comment

Hi ,
                      I have been reading this thread for a few days and would like to ask some questions.
                      First of all i have made a coupe of cells that worked to some degree, blew one up after lighting the gas too.
                      Am now building a bigger and hopefully more effecient cell but the questions are these..... What is the optimum length of the cell electrodes or coils (as i have made coils up out of stainless steel as it seems to give the best life)
                      At the moment the coil wire length is about 1.5 metres in total.

Would the length if shortened give better results ie faster gas production?

I have a small cell fitted to my Honda CX 500 eurosport motorcycle and it seems the engine is demanding more gas than can be presently supplied.

Any feed back would be gratefully recieved.

Comment

No, smaller length won't give better gas production.

The gas production is governed by how much current you are putting through.

Current is, literally, a measure of how fast electrons are passing from one electrode to the other (through your circuit, not the solution). So things that reduce the resistance (thus the current wasted through the production of heat) will improve efficiency. The other main resistance is the flow of ions in your solution. The concentration of your solution, and the mixing (and the area on your electrode) will affect this. I forget exactly why, but I believe that solution strength is a compromise between two competing effects (i.e. you try to minimise both disadvantages).

In theory, a short electrode with a large area (say, multiple wires protruding from the same point) should be more efficient, but probably not to any noticable extent. Stirring your solution may be more effective, but you will only see a benefit from these things, if one of them (poor mixing, or insufficient electrode area) is resulting in a restriction.

I'd have to go back and look through some of my textbooks to confirm what I'm saying, but don't really have time at the moment. So just double check what I've said to make sure it's all correct.

There is plenty of information about electrochemistry, and hydrolysis is a pretty well explored reaction, so it might be worth doing some reading (try using Google Scholar, rather than normal google).

If Marki is still around on this forum, he has much more experience with electrochemistry than I do. I believe there are also a couple of other practicing chemistry floating around too.

Comment

thanks for that, will have a look into all the info passed on.

Comment

I have purchased a Hydrogen Generator which should arrive next week and I am looking for details about the 12 volt hook up and also any important details about how to set up the unit.
                            It does not have a Bubbler included so I would like to know if this is necessary!
                            I have seen many types of ideas and installation details buy they all vary one way or the other.
                            I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder V6 which is heavy on fuel but I am a bit scared or hooking up a Hydogen Generator as I dont want to cause any damage to my engine.
                            Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
                            Regards
                            donny-777

Comment

Working...
                            X