Hi, new guy from Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new guy from Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

Hi all, thought I better join up after reading plenty on here.
    Hoping to get my old Landcruiser 70 series running on wvo, just a little worried if it is still worth it before I start getting too much more gear together.
    I live in whakatane and it seems most places get their waste oil bought off them. How do most kiwis on here get their oil?
    Many thanks for any advice, and for all the info I have already read on here.

Re: Hi, new guy from Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

I'm not a Kiwi, but you could ask what how much they are getting for their oil and ask to buy some from them for more than they currently get. By not taking all of their oil they maintain a 'fall back' alternative should you decide to quit using their oil.
    Despite paying for the oil, you will still be making some real savings in fuel costs.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thanks Tony, sounds valid advice

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
        I'm not a Kiwi, but you could ask what how much they are getting for their oil and ask to buy some from them for more than they currently get. By not taking all of their oil they maintain a 'fall back' alternative should you decide to quit using their oil.
        Despite paying for the oil, you will still be making some real savings in fuel costs.

Tony

wow. master

Comment

Working...
        X