Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Gentleman....
    National Biodiesel Pty Ltd www.natbiogroup.com will commence the supply of BQ-9000 accredited Soybiodiesel.
    Volumes will be available from our bulk liquid terminal in Port Botany.
    Product specifications can be viewed on our website or by contacting our head office on 02 9499 8291.
    We successfully trialed 1ML of Soybiodiesel with a long-haul transport company in Sydney in 2007 and have since been concentrating on the development of production facilities in South Africa and NSW.
    Soybiodiesel is currently being shipped to Port Storage and volumes will be allocated within the next two weeks.

Look forward to your responses.

Ray Adams
    Sales Manager - Soybiodiesel
    National Biodiesel Pty Ltd
    Ray Adams

Comment

Great news Ray but again I'll ask the same question, what are you doing to winterize the bio for cold climates like Canberra?
      Maverick
      Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_sr71 View Post
        Great news Ray but again I'll ask the same question, what are you doing to winterize the bio for cold climates like Canberra?
        Well, according to their website:
        "Soybiodiesel® delivers a much lower cloud point than biodiesel produced from animal fats (tallow), palm oil and used cooking oils. This means it can be used at much lower temperatures (down to -8° C)."

So, if that is true it could be handy....

However, the old question, where does it come from? South Africa?
        quick glance at website doesn't say....

Comment

Gents...
          Our product, Soybiodiesel, is sourced from a BQ-9000 Accredited Producer. The BQ-9000 program is the worlds leading quality assurance program for biodiesel producers. These producers can be easily found through the web.

Our South African operation (soy processing/crushing/meal and biodiesel facilities) is in the initial construction phase while our Australian operation is in the final stages of the environmental assessment.

In relation to your comments on CFPP, Soybiodiesel (-6c) is one of the better performing Biodiesel products, along with rapeseed/canola (-8c), with CFPP temperature well below current marketed Biodiesel products in Australia (Palm/Tallow and UCO all above 12c).

We understand that in the colder climates, especially in Canberra, -5c this morning (i have played football in Tuggeranong many moons ago - in the snow), you need to monitor your biodiesel use whether that be from Soy; Canola; or palm/tallow/UCO. Even diesel goes at -18c without being winterized!

We all want to use and embrace Biodiesel but we need to understand that there may be some restrictions and we need to manage and work around these...

For example:
          I spent some time in Californian Rockies this year (Mammoth Mountain) and they use B20 Soy based Biodiesel in their snow-cats; buses; and maintenance fleet. Temperatures where down to -20c. The fuel was pre-blended and delivered to storage facilities on the mountain. They had tried other types of Biodiesel and continue to work strictly with soy based biodiesel.

More than happy to answer more questions when required... Have a good one...
          Ray Adams

Comment

I had a read of their websites - AU and ZA. Looks like current production is in Sud Afrika with a plan to build a facility in Port Kembla.

States that SoyBiodiesel is available from Botany - I suspect in larger qty than most domestic users are after, or have the ability to use/store without some complications

Comment

Originally posted by Dalan View Post
              HDJ80 is bringing up cost? in his example he is saving $1.25/ 100km.
              saving $1.25/100 k = $101.76 / ton Our minimum unit is one ton.
              At least I'm giving a saving
              Dalan,
              Yes it is a saving and maybe worth while for the big users of Diesel but as I said it is hardly worth it for me or other small users.. and it all gets worse.

How are you going to explain to you small clients that they may have to replace their $50.00 fuel filter possibly every 5000km's if their current fuel system is dirty? That saving of $1.25 every 100km's has just bit the dust.
              Or they could just buy a $100.00 CAV unit and buy $6.00 filters...

I am not trying to be negative, just realistic and trying to get your thoughts going to drop that price further...

Come to think of it,,, I heard that other bio sellers ask their clients to sign a waver???

Anyway I do wish you luck.

P.S. Come to think of it How much are the filters on those big semi trucks you are targeting???

And then there is the rubber problem that can occur....
              HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
              Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                Here's one: Where is your Biodiesel made and or sourced from?
                As explained in my post yesterday David, we source our Soybiodiesel from a BQ-9000 Accredited Producer.
                Have a look at the website and you will see where these producers are based.
                I am only trying to assist you guys. Commercial confidentiality restricts me from clearly stating where our Soybiodiesel is sourced.
                Also explained in my post in relation to tandos question, our facility in South Africa is under-construction and will be online in 2010.
                The trading operation can make volumes available in a variety of ways, a little advice would be better than the rolling of eyes...
                Have a good day fellas!
                Ray Adams

Comment

Hey Dalan
                  Any news? you guys starting up soon - no new info on the website - no ordering info etc

havent started my plant yet, figured commercial B100 was an option until i got it sorted...
                  Tando

Comment

Ah yes, hiding behind the cloak of "commercial in confidence". We are not asking you to tell up exactly what plant the bio is coming out of, we just want to know what country, if you can't tell us that then we can only assume the Bio is coming from a place where deforestation or food cropping is of considerable concern and for this reason you wont disclose the country.

We don't care what "accreditation" the bio is be in made to, the simple question is.....What country is the bio/oil being sourced from?

Surely that's not hard to answer. We can only assume the worst if you keep trying to hide behind so call confidentiality clauses.
                    maverick_sr71
                    Last edited by maverick_sr71; 20 September 2008, 09:39 PM.
                    Maverick
                    Canberra

Comment

No argument there Dave. Would have been nice to have got a straight answer to what I thought were pretty simple and straight forward questions.

Hell, everyone on here makes their own or is the process of getting set up to do so, not like we're about to steel any secrets.

All the same, if the feed stock was coming from a positive source and the bio was cheaper then dino by a reasonable amount I'd have considered this supplier my fall back should I need some bio quickly. I've also been telling folks at work about this new bio servo being opened in Canberra and they were very enthusiastic. Although we, on this forum, may ask a lot of questions, these guys couldn't give to hoots about the environmental impacts of where the feed stock came from as long as it's cheaper then dino.

I guess this is an aspect of the discussion these guys have failed to recongnise and thus have, as you suggest, dismissed our questions or suffered a "commercial" failure.
                      Maverick
                      Canberra

Comment

Maverick/Dave Jones: Go to the BQ-9000 website.. Find where these producers are located? Answer your own question...

You say you dont care about the accreditation program to which the Biodiesel is made, then why make such a fuss in relation to deforestation or food cropping? That is what the BQ-9000 program is all about boys!

We do have large buyers, and my intention here was only to help the discerning enthusiasts get good quality Biodiesel and then they can judge the quality and research the sustainability values themselves...

More than happy to take phone calls in relation to supply and further questions...

You have the website and contact details... Hopefully that information is on the site...

Cheers and best...
                        Ray Adams

Comment

More than happy to receive an answer fron the horses mouth rather than a web site. You've wasted a lot of typing time posting the same thing to our questions and you keep directing us to the web site rather than answering them. I can only deduce from this your masters are monitoring your performance through hits on the site or you are getting some financial benifit from the site being viewed. Either way I have contributed to the hit counter on the web site and still would like a straight answer to the simple question of where your oil is coming from from the horses mouth.
                          Maverick
                          Canberra

Comment

not our website maverick, the BQ-9000 website mate.... you will find what your looking for... if thats not good enough, than good luck in all that you do... cheers
                            Ray Adams

Comment

Directing you to a websites that will give you all required information is being evasive?
                              Have you reviewed the BQ-9000 program, do you know what it is about? If you had, you would see that the feedstocks used by these producers are sourced from one country (neither Asian or South American countries).
                              You seem keen to criticise our website, my assistance, basically everything that i have forwarded and discussed in this thread.
                              Its disappointing that you seem to be a sceptic, but if your not prepared to research the product, or even call to discuss, then I suppose your opinions will not change.
                              Cheers and best...
                              Ray Adams

Comment

The problem is, you haven't answered our question. As a potential customer I would have thought it in your best interest to "sell" your product to me and convince me that you are a viable source of bio for both me and my mates who keep asking about bio.

If you have confidence in your product you would be extoling its vertues and be forth coming with any information requested and then some. I have never in the past been told by a sales man/business owner to "go look at a web site", rather I have this really weird expectation, as a potential customer, that anyone representing a business interest that I have an interest in their product, would be trying to sell me their product and in such a way that I would be willing to on sell the product to my freinds through word of mouth (by the way, that is still the best advertising in the world).

If this is the kind of customer service that I can expect then I can only advise all my mates who have been asking about bio in Canberra (which I'm sure you know is a small place and word travels quickly) that the new joint might be cheaper but the guys running it are going to tell you to "go look at a web site" if you ask them any questions.
                                Maverick
                                Canberra

Comment

Working...
                                X