• Show
Clear All

Re: Thomastown Biodisel

bugger!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamard View Post
      Hi,

That $1 rate finished a long time ago. And melbourne biodiesel club has become part of the ATA now.

I think bio at thomastown is around $1.30 at the moment. Anyway they are always a lot cheaper than petro, unlike other bio outlets.
      J
      That's what I thought. The last time I filled up there it was $1.35 per litre which is indeed a LOT cheaper than petro diesel.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am the new member here and very excited to join the club. I have driven many diesel cars on anything but petro-diesel (WVO, SVO no car modifications but watching outside air temperature) for years in sunny south Europe so consider me experianced when it comes to cars suitable to Bio fuels although very much novice when it comes to Bio production and system setup . At the moment driving (107,000KM) '78 VW Golf 1. Filled up with Thomastown Bio on last friday at $1.40. This is the first run on "natural healthy food" for this well preserved beauty so I decided to post if there is any early fillter replacements (decontamination period) and general run in time. It looks like that Thomastown Bio is well balanced and Golf is starting in the morning if not better then before with petro-diesel. Looking forward to hear from anybody interested in sharing ideas and experiance particularly my neighbours from Melbourne. Thanks for reading.
        Zel.
        Zel
        Biofuels Forum Newbie
        Last edited by Zel; 8 June 2008, 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Zel View Post
          Hi everyone,

I am the new member here and very excited to join the club. I have driven many diesel cars on anything but petro-diesel (WVO, SVO no car modifications but watching outside air temperature) for years in sunny south Europe so consider me experianced when it comes to cars suitable to Bio fuels although very much novice when it comes to Bio production and system setup . At the moment driving (107,000KM) '78 VW Golf 1. Filled up with Thomastown Bio on last friday at $1.40. This is the first run on "natural healthy food" for this well preserved beauty so I decided to post if there is any early fillter replacements (decontamination period) and general run in time. It looks like that Thomastown Bio is well balanced and Golf is starting in the morning if not better then before with petro-diesel. Looking forward to hear from anybody interested in sharing ideas and experiance particularly my neighbours from Melbourne. Thanks for reading.
          Zel.
          Welcome Zel,
          I wouldn't expect you to have any problems with Tom's fuel. I have been running my polo on it since the day after it's 7500 service. I have never had to change my filters outside regular service intervals except when I got some algae in the tank from some petro diesel down in tasmania where you cant by bio see post http://www.biofuelsforum.com/using_b...html#post23933
          so I would not expect you to have any problems with toms fuel after your decontamination period. Ask them for one of their sticker's for your car to help spread the word.
          Jas
          Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI
          75000 km on Bio 100 :)
          :(Sold:(

BA Falcon on e10 at the moment
          looking for flex fuel conversion

1966 VC Valiant 225 slant 6
          Won't run on bio for some reason :rolleyes:

Comment

Thanks Jas,

It looks like that Tom's Bio is OK I have started with B70 that way
            hopefully I won't disturb alge deposits all at once. Yes next time I am at Thomastown I will ask for the Bio sticker although I have still original sticker "Join The Diesel Club" on my rear window so it is time for it to go off.

Zel

Comment

Tom And the crew down at Fina, Thomastown, have vowed to always undercut the fossil fuel by 40c, And struggle to do so considering the constant inflation of WVO and Meth. So keep supporting them. The Club is now in the hands of the ATA so hassle them about becoming members, and unfortunatly I dont think any new arrangment has been made for discounts for club members. That discount was a promotion arranged back in 2005. Also if you want to help support Fina you can help them to keep prices down by spotting fast food outlets that need a reliable WVO pickup. Tell both parties (Fina fuels and the restaurant or pub or fast food outlet) about each other and try to facilitate an amicable relationship. Not much more effort than afew phonecalls and a nice conversation with the chef or manager who's selling you your chips. Try not to tell the restaurant any guaranteed price if any at all. Leave the business side up to the boys at Fina. We want the market price of WVO to stay low and anyway the restaurant has already made their money out of the oil, right. I'm sure such an endeavor (without prejudice) may bring about a private discount between yourself and the boys down at Fina.

Comment

Just went out to Fina and filled up, the bio is good quality and price was $1.45 per litre. Its as good as I make it so I am very happy with it.

Prime movers are pulling up to get filled and it looks like the word is getting around.

Matt
                Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Just went out to Fina and filled up, the bio is good quality and price was $1.45 per litre. Its as good as I make it so I am very happy with it.
                  Prime movers are pulling up to get filled and it looks like the word is getting around.

Matt
                  I have done 99% of my bio K's on the fina gear and no problems here
                  It will be good when they get the second pump in as i had to wait 30 mins while a semi got 1500 lt . Dont mind waiting to much for quality fuel though.
                  Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

Tom Has run out will be out until wed 9/7
                    Had to put stinky stuff in the polo
                    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

woo hoo tom has bio again still $1.45
                      Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

went there 2day 1.45 a lt and tom is a great bloke, if u have any hesitation give him a call he was able to answer all my Q's

Comment

Hi All,

I went and picked up a few hundred litres while i was in town last week (i live in gipssland) Tom and the boys at FINA are getting a fair bit of trade from prime movers. They have Installed a hi flow pump around the back to cater for more people. So to make sure you get fuel, ring ahead!!! because these prime movers can take about 1500 litres it runs out quick!!

Cheers

James

Comment

? Are the truckies buying B20 or have they finally come around to burning B100 in their precious trucks? Most truck manufacturers won't warranty B100??
                            Isn't it amazing how money talks while bullshit walks, and how Price can change a persons opinion??

Comment

Don't be too hard on the truckies Darren. There's a lot of FUD being very competently spread by those with vested interests in the 'old industries'. Most people clearly find it difficult to think differently from the conventional wisdom. I guess that's one of the reasons this forum is so useful.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas View Post
                                ? Are the truckies buying B20 or have they finally come around to burning B100 in their precious trucks? Most truck manufacturers won't warranty B100??
                                Isn't it amazing how money talks while bullshit walks, and how Price can change a persons opinion??
                                I know some of the truckies are using toms b100.
                                And CAT engines are covered under warranty using b100 as long as it meets their spec's which toms dose. was there when a truckie and tom were going over the CAT spec sheet and toms latest independent test data and his fuel was better than the CAT spec. Cant blame the guy for checking I would too before putting fuel most people havn't heard about into a brand new kenworth.
                                The damn thing is worth more than my house.
                                Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Comment

Working...
                                X