No announcement yet.

Where can I purchse oils suitable from to produce BIO or SVO ?... I am in SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I purchse oils suitable from to produce BIO or SVO ?... I am in SA

Where can I Purchase oils suitable to produce Bio or Svo ???
    I am in South Australia.
    I am thinking directly from a rural grower...?.. Does anybody know ???
    What is the best oils to use with toyota commuters 2.8Lt & 3Lt engines..?
    I have tried sourcing some from fish & chips shops & some restaurants without any success, as they have been dealing with companies for years who pick up their waste oils for many years.

Michael Kennedy
    wtodamk(at)airnet(dot)com.au

Re: Where can I purchse oils suitable from to produce BIO or SVO ?... I am in SA

Originally posted by wtodamk
    I am in South Australia.
    I have tried sourcing some from fish & chips shops & some restaurants without any success, as they have been dealing with companies for years who pick up their waste oils for many years.

Michael Kennedy
    Find out how much they are paying or receiving to have their oil collected and do your math. It may still be worth your while to offer to pay to pick it up. Hate to admit it but waste oil has a worth and unfortunately will become worth more.

Joe
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Re: Where can I purchse oils suitable from to produce BIO or SVO ?... I am in SA

I would like to preface this with I have only been knocked back for oil once, because the owner had just sold the restaurant and only had three weeks left in the place. He dumped his oil and it was not used for anything. A good time to ask about oil is inbetween placing the food order and receiving it. Be prepared to listen about how it fry's, its cost and comparison to other oils, and be prepared to show some genuine interest, even if you dont care about it. Take an interest in his needs, and perhaps they will look after yours?
      Some options include asking for some to experiment with, and get them to put 20l (in the container in comes in) for you to pick up every so often, but can then put the rest out for the company to collect. (this is what I do with my main source) It does mean you dont have to be regular on your pickup.
      Perhaps if you got together with a few others, you could collect the entire output from one shop, so can offer a reliable pick up?
      And dont forget anyone with a fryer will have oil. Dont forget pubs, cafe's, and coffee shops.
      Shops in the "back blocks" may have less pick ups than populated areas.

Best of luck
      Chris.
      Captain Echidna
      Last edited by Captain Echidna; 16 April 2006, 10:01 PM.
      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Originally posted by wtodamk
        I am in South Australia.

Michael Kennedy
        Michael,

did you get an answer to this question?
        I am about to buy a VW Caddy with a 1.9L TDI engine and would like to use Biodiesel. Where would you buy KOH and Methanol in Adelaide?

Regards,

Arie
        Regards,

Arie (DutchAussie)
        2007 VW Caddy 1.9 L TDI with DSG

Australian VW Caddy Website:
        http://vw-caddy.yolasite.com

Australian VW Caddy Forum:
        http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=d

Australian Biodiesel Handbook:
        http://www.biodiesel-handbook.yolasite.com

Comment

Originally posted by wtodamk View Post
          I am in South Australia.

Michael Kennedy
          Michael,

did you end up with oil to process?

If not I may be able to help you.

Regards,

Arie
          Regards,

Arie (DutchAussie)

Comment

Hello DutchAussie, to find methanol and KOH look in the yellow pages.

A few calls to Fuel Merchants will get you a supply of methanol,
            And a few calls to Chemical Suppliers will get you KOH.

Comment

Hey, if you find some good chemical suppliers in your area, post them on the map. There is already a category there for chemical suppliers (the red markers). For instructions on using the map, look here. If more people posted their found suppliers on the map, then less people would have to post here asking for the info.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwarla View Post
                Hello DutchAussie, to find methanol and KOH look in the yellow pages.

A few calls to Fuel Merchants will get you a supply of methanol,
                And a few calls to Chemical Suppliers will get you KOH.
                Thanks, I have found the suppliers.

Regards,

Arie
                Regards,

Arie (DutchAussie)

Comment

Hi all. This is my first post. Found may way here due to interest in brewing. I havent done too much yet just been re-searching.
                  wtodamk how did you go locating suitable WVO?
                  I am going away for a couple of weeks when I return I will intend to approach a few places, but I am hearing its becoming harder to aquire.
                  If anyone can spare 20-40L to experiment that would be great.
                  I have been considering the appleseed system.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

HI,
                    I have been collecting oil on a large scale for a while and I can say its getting very competitive with a lot of collectors paying for it, and even getting into a bidding war for good sites.
                    Once Its been cleaned up. Solar heated settling tank (I also have a clarifier centrifuge from a rendering plant but I haven’t got it set up yet)I can realize quite significant prices on the current bulk market. Its export value has gone through the roof.
                    However Its been suggested by several VWO users that I make it available cleaned and filtered in end user quantities. If anyone is interested
                    please get in touch tim_marshman@blackboxproductions.com.au 0419 363 992

Also check our my website in the coming months for details on the 125KVA silenced gen set that I going to run on WVO for the event market www.blackboxproductions.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by tim marshman View Post
                      make it available cleaned and filtered in end user
                      Hi Tim, how much were you thinking of selling it for?
                      Regards,
                      Richard

99 Hilux

Comment

Working...
                      X