Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ssangyong musso what years are indirect injection Diesel ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssangyong musso what years are indirect injection Diesel ????

Hi All, I have heard some good stuff about the Musso, I was wondering if anyone knows what years the musso runs with indirect injection, as Im not keen on buying a common rail injection ute, Im fairly sure 2006 is indirect injection, but i'm not sure about the later models, and cant seam to find any information on the type of injection they use after 2006. Im currently running a Kia Pregio on 30%/70% Diesel/wvo mix(15000km so far) and only had filter blocks due to not being selective enough about the oil I used, Cheers

Re: ssangyong musso what years are indirect injection Diesel ????

Hi Miabellabrian,

The Musso never had a DI engine in Australia.
    There were several different engines available in the earlier station wagon model including a 2.3 and 3.2 Mercedes petrol engine as well as the 2.3 litre 4 cylinder and 2.9 litre 5 cylinder naturally aspirated Diesel engines.
    I have never seen a Musso in Australia with the 2.3 diesel and very few with the 2.3 petrol engine.
    The 3.2 petrol engine and the 2.9 Diesel seemed to be about equally popular at that time.

After Daewoo took over manufacture the body changed shape slightly and a turbo was installed on the 2.9 litre Diesel which made it's performance now adequate.

Musso's then disappeared from the local Australian market for a few years and when they were re-introduced in around 2004 they were only available in the dual cab "Musso Sport pik-up"
    At that time they were only available with the 2.9 litre IDI Mercedes OM 602 5 cylinder turbo diesel engine. This engine has the reputation for being one of the most reliable engines ever produced.
    There is a possibility that a few of these Dual Cabs did "slip through" with a the 3.2 petrol engine installed but I have never seen one.
    Musso finished being imported into Australia in 2006, however some were sold as 2007 models.

I bought my Musso New in April 2006. It is an Automatic 2WD with 282000km up- all on biodiesel. I can not fault the mechanics of the car.

Originally posted by Miabellabrian View Post
    Hi All, I have heard some good stuff about the Musso, I was wondering if anyone knows what years the musso runs with indirect injection, as Im not keen on buying a common rail injection ute, Im fairly sure 2006 is indirect injection, but i'm not sure about the later models, and cant seam to find any information on the type of injection they use after 2006. Im currently running a Kia Pregio on 30%/70% Diesel/wvo mix(15000km so far) and only had filter blocks due to not being selective enough about the oil I used, Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I have seen 2010, and 2013 Mussos for sale on Carsales, even New ones available, so there are some around later than 2006, I just wanted to find out more information about the later model engines 2006-2014. Cheers Brian

Comment

Hi Miabellabrian,

Thanks for your reply, I have seen 2010, and 2013 Mussos for sale on Carsales, even New ones available, so there are some around later than 2006, I just wanted to find out more information about the later model engines 2006-2014. Cheers Brian
        As I said in my previous post, the Musso was not sold new later than 2007 in Australia, and there were not many 2007's.
        These "2007" models would have arrived in Australia in late 2006/ early 2007 and were probably actually built in 2005 (My 2006 Musso has a build date in Korea of 2005) because production of the Musso ceased in Korea after 2005.
        In Australia the year of a new imported car is determined by the date stamped in it's Australian compliance plate which is attached after it has arrived in Australia and not the year it was built
        The Musso did continue to be assembled in other countries and is still being built in Iran.

I would be interested to see the links to a 2010 and 2013 Musso for sale.
        Red Book Valuation lists the years of Ssangyong Musso being sold in Australia as 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006.
        Red Book Valuations lists the years of sales for Daewoo Musso in Australia as being 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 2002

Ssangyong Musso Dual Cab.....................Ssangyong Musso wagon.....................Daewoo Musso wagon

Then they changed to just selling the Ssangyon Actyon Dual Cab sports utility that did have a 2 litre DI turbo diesel and is still currently for sale in Australia.
        The Actyon Sport Dual cab never came with an IDI diesel engine

Ssangyong Actyon Dual Cab Sport- "The Shark"
        tillyfromparadise
        Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 23 September 2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Yees you have just answered my question, i was looking at the ACTYON AND NOT THE MUSSO, that is the problem with looking at carsales after midnight !! And you said the ACTYON never came with IDI. So my big question now are there any later model cars available with IDI or has that completely died out ??

Comment

the rexton changed around 2004 have a look at these 2 http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12008673/?Cr=0

and
            http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-4156479/?Cr=1

only real difference is the engine.

Comment

Hi brian,

So my big question now are there any later model cars available with IDI or has that completely died out ??
              As far as I am aware, the Musso was the last IDI sold new in Australia in any quantity.
              If I am not mistaken, Tata did sell diesel suv's/ utes in the early 2000's with a PSA (Peugeot) IDI turbo diesel engine but my mind is a bit foggy about that and in any case there were not many.

As smithw said, the Rexton changed engines in 2004.
              Earlier Rexton's used the same mechanics as the Musso, the 2.9 IDI Mercedes turbo diesel and the 3.2 Mercedes petrol engine
              The Rexton was not sold prior to 2004 or possibly 2003 in Australia, when Ssangyong was re-introduced into Australia.

At the time of reentering to the Australian market, Ssangyong Australia knew a new Rexton Model with the 2.7 DI Mercedes diesel engine was being introduced shortly and did not import any Rexton's with the 2.9 IDI engine "on spec" and waited until the 2.7 Rexton was ready for sale before ordering them into Australia in numbers.
              My understanding is that the 2.9 IDI Rexton turbo diesel was only imported when actually order by a customer.
              The results being very few Rexton 2.9 IDI Mercedes turbo diesels were imported into Australia and none after 2004.

Most 2004 diesels are the 2.7 DI mercedes turbo diesel, but there are some 2004 2.9 turbo diesels available- not many, most are the 2.7 DI diesel.
              I have also seen a few 2003 Rexton 2.9 diesels for sale, but not many

Also be sure to call and have a sales person go and actually verify the installed engine is a 2.9, I have found a number of 2004 Rextons advertised as having the 2.9 and when I looked at the photos or called a Sales person to check find it is a 2.7

It is easy to tell one from the other if there are pictures as shown here-.

2004 2.9 IDI Rexton Diesel Engine.................2004 2.7 DI Rexton Diesel Engine

PS- here is one for sale in Victoria listed as a 2.7 and it is actually a 2.9- just what you are looking for- maybe
              Here is the engine in the ad- a 2.9!
              http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for...31732bf9#/pos7

tillyfromparadise
              Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 25 September 2016, 11:14 PM.

Comment

thanks for all the info and pic, very helpful as Im thinking of getting rid of my mazda3 and getting a cheaper running family car, currently also running my Kia Pregio with great sucess on Wvo / Diesel mix, thanks again Cheers Brian

Comment

Cheaper to run than a Mazda 3! That's a big ask.
                  Johnnojack
                  4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                  Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnojack View Post
                    Cheaper to run than a Mazda 3! That's a big ask.
                    And only possible if you take responsibility for providing the fuel.
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                    X