Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Beaches Biofuel Users

Hi folks,
    Although I started up the Lower North Shore Biofuel Users as a loose social/support network a while back I have now moved house (hopefully for a LONG time!) to the Northern Beaches.

Who would like to have a catch up and work with me to set up a Northern Beaches Biofuel Users Group?

Cheers,
    Cameron

ps I am still happy to turn up for a catch up with the Lower North Shore crew but I will have to leave the organising of any get togethers to the others. The last one was fun.

Re: Northern Beaches Biofuel Users

I am on the NB, Let me know what needs doing.

Milhouse

Comment

I'm in Berowra which is close enough for a meeting in the Northern Beaches somewhere. I'd be keen to meet up one weekend.
      Sean

Comment

OK all it requires as far as I am concerned is for us to pick a day, pick a time, pick a place and then turn up and meet each other for a BBQ/beer or whatever.

An afternoon was plenty for us when we met up for the Lower North Shore Biofuel Users. The hard thing for us last time was to decide on a suitable venue.

I am new to the area but I would suggest:
        *a Sunday afternoon
        *at a club/bistro somewhere for a counter meal or
        *at someone's house or
        *at a local park/reserve
        *somewhere that miserable weather won't totally screw everything up.

Plenty of parking nearby incase people want to pop bonnets and kick tyres.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I am happy to hold it at my place in Narraweena as long as I don't have to cater for it - strictly BYO/bring a plate.

Cheers,
        Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
          I am happy to hold it at my place in Narraweena as long as I don't have to cater for it - strictly BYO/bring a plate.
          That would be a good choice, and I would be happy to bring a plate etc. Or if you could find a local park in your area with good parking facilities, with your house as a backup in case of bad weather.

As for dates, any time from mid-July onwards is OK for me, as long as it is booked with plenty of notice.
          Sean

Comment

Originally posted by pangit View Post
            That would be a good choice, and I would be happy to bring a plate etc. Or if you could find a local park in your area with good parking facilities, with your house as a backup in case of bad weather.

As for dates, any time from mid-July onwards is OK for me, as long as it is booked with plenty of notice.
            OK happy to have it at my place - we actually have a park/reserve that backs on to it so we get the best of both worlds!

So that is place sorted.

Date? .... As you might have seen in a previous post I will be off on an adventure in the Simpson Desert from mid/late July until end of Aug so perhaps we could aim to do it start of September?

I know that is a long way off but I would either have to do it pretty soon or leave it til I get back (obviously ...)

Cameron

Comment

OK so we unfortunately lost most of our Northern Beaches postings in the 'Great Server Crash of November 2007' or whatever it was so I thought I would come back to this thread and get us chatting all things Northern Beaches and biofuels again.

Here are a couple of gems for you:
              Did you know that Warringah Council has bought a diesel mercedes vito van that it is going to convert to an eco education van and run on biodiesel?

Did you know that Warringah Council is currently getting biodiesel delivered and runs many vehicles on it?

By the way when and where is our next catch up - we have had 2 people offer to host so we had better take them up on this before they change their minds!

Cheers,
              Cameron

Comment

OK so how about another Northern Beaches Biofuel Users catchup guys?

January ....

Saturday 19th or Sunday 20th .... somewhere on the Northern Beaches?

Cheers,
                Cameron

Comment

Hi Cameron,

I will talk with the wife in the morning. I think we would be happy to host that one. We live near roseville chase bridge...so kind of on the northern beaches. I should have my new biodiesel reactor up and running by then. I think Saturday the 19th would be good.

Cheers
                  Alex

Comment

Great - thanks Alex.

Please let us know as soon as you have the thumbs up from The Boss.

Who else would be planning to come along?

Further to that anybody prepared to now put their hand up to host the NEXT one (maybe 8 weeks later?)

Cheers,
                    Cameron
                    Northern Beaches Biofuel Users

Comment

Got the thumbs up!

Propose Sat 19th Jan at 12pm. If you are interested in coming, please post here and I will pm you with all the details. I am located in the chatswood area.

I will be happy to supply the meat, we will just need some salads and perhaps some bread. (Also Cameron you may need to bring some tofo steaks along.. ) I have a couple of beers lying around and perhaps some wine but we could definitely use some more beer. I will have some ice and an esky ready to go.

The wives and kids are most welcome. I have kids toys up to about the age of 6-7 and a park down the road.

I have quite a bit in the garage set up if people want a demo of anything bio related!

Cheers
                      Alex

Comment

Hey Alex,
                        I am in!

I will bring some tofu and some other things to help - I will stay in touch with you and you can let me know what to bring.

I can bring extra eskies, trestle tables, all sorts of things - just let me know what you need or even what simply 'might be nice' and I can probably bring it along!

Cheers,
                        Cameron

Comment

Hi Alex,
                          Are we still on for a Northern Beaches Biofuel Users BBQ at your place this weekend?

Cheers,
                          Cameron

Comment

Hi Cameron,

It is still on if we get any takers this week. Otherwise we will have to reschedule. Is there anyone able to make it this Saturday?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by UNSWSolar View Post
                              Hi Cameron,

It is still on if we get any takers this week. Otherwise we will have to reschedule. Is there anyone able to make it this Saturday?

Alex
                              resched?

cameron

Comment

Working...
                              X