Is there anyone there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone there?

Surely there must be someone else in the Territory brewing their own bio-diesel?
    I'm trying to find a way of getting 200 litre drums of methanol from Darwin to Gove without paying the $140.00 each that a certain shipping Company wants to ship them here.
    If anyone drives a truck over here regularly,I'd pay to put a couple of drums on it.
    Cheers,Trevor.

Re: Is there anyone there?

Hi there Trevor,

if I where you I'd be hitting the local truck depots and pubs looking for anyone that does long haul trucking, to see if they would pick and deliver for you. You might get lucky. Also it might be worthwhile mentioning to you that your email address can be picked up and used by spammers if you leave it naked like you have done there. You should go back in and change your username other wise your email box will quickly become full if it gets picked up.

Good luck.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Thank's,Joe.
      The username up stuff has been fixed.Robert read your post and offered to (and did) fix it straight away.I'm unsure how it got that way in the first place,but now it doesn't matter.
      Regarding transport to Gove.The vast majority of freight from Darwin comes in by barge as there is only one (dirt) road in/out and during the wet season it's closed for a few months.Thank's for your tips and if I'm out of luck I could always spend a few days and go Darwin to pick up a few drums myself.
      Cheers,Trevor.

Comment

Originally posted by tparkerwati
        Regarding transport to Gove.The vast majority of freight from Darwin comes in by barge as there is only one (dirt) road in/out and during the wet season it's closed for a few months..
        Wow how amazingly remote. I had a friend from school who grew up in Gove. So there are no local producers of Methanol?

Sounds like you might be up for he trip your self.

Joe
        Joe Morgan
        Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
        http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
        SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Joe.
          About the only things produced here are bauxite (mined) and alumina refined from the bauxite.Unfortunately,Alcan hasn't started drilling for methanol yet!
          The return trip to Darwin in a truck is about 3 days,
          assuming the road is open.

Comment

Hi tparkerwati;
            I am based in Howard Springs and I am just starting to set up my biodiesel making plant. Could you let me know where you are able to obtain 200 drums of methanol from. Regards Pestie.

Comment

Hi All
              Any one know where to get a titration kit and all the other chemical required to make B.D. in the Darwin area.
              I know I can get metanol from BP.
              thanks
              toshie

Comment

Originally posted by toshie View Post
                Hi All
                Any one know where to get a titration kit and all the other chemical required to make B.D. in the Darwin area.
                I know I can get metanol from BP.
                thanks
                toshie
                Toshie there is no need to go throwing good money away on fancy lab equipment to do titrations. $10 or less is all that's needed to get you started.
                Have a read here.

And read here.

I use metho, not isopropyl, and tumeric. Cheap and easy to find.
                Qwarla
                Last edited by Qwarla; 1 March 2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Qwarla

Great stuff
                  I'll be hitting the chemest , spice rack and pool shop tomorrow.
                  Picked up a 75 lt stainless steel drum on the weekend ($20 dump shop) So I'll have some BD. cooking soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X