X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Vehicles do NOT have DPF fitted

The DPF story in Australia.

I have been doing some research about which cars do or do not have a DPF installed and have found some interesting information.
    Evidently the present Australian clean air requirements can be met by most diesel engines without a DPF. However, because most other countries have stricter regulations that do require fitment of a DPF, many manufacturers build ALL their cars with a DPF, even those that come to Australia.
    There are exceptions.

I can not stand by the absolute accuracy of what I am about to post but this is what I have found on the internet.

Toyota Apparently Toyota does not fit a DPF to any of their Diesels sold in Australia
    Isuzu Again, evidently no fitment of DPF to their Utilities
    Ford Territory Produced in Australia without DPF
    Mitsubishi Pajero From mid Model NT the DPF was completely removed. Early NT production had a "Flow Through" DPF that had no sensors attached and did not do burns. Mitsubishi had a real problem with their DPF on earlier models
    Hyundai I30 Current model does not Have DPF fitted. Earlier model does or Possibly the Auto has a DPF and the manual does not. Evidently there is a sticker under the bonnet if there is not one fitted.
    Hyundai R series diesel in the Santa Fe No DPF fitted. DPF is fitted to earlier models possibly only Autos.
    Holden Colorado No DPF fitted
    Nissan Patrol has never had DPF fitted.

Again let me stress that I can not guarantee the accuracy of this information. You must check yourself if you plan on buying one of these cars.
    tillyfromparadise
    Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 11 September 2012, 10:16 PM.

re: Which Vehicles do NOT have DPF fitted

Kia Sportage and Sorento with the R engine no DPF. This is the current 2012 model. The new upgrade one might have one. Also older ones might have had one.
    tillyfromparadise
    Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 11 September 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Re: Which Vehicles do NOT have DPF fitted

Ford PJ and PK Ranger No DPF

Comment

Chrysler 300C 2009 onwards - DPF.

not sure about the earlier years. will confirm.

Comment

Ford Courier No DPF

Comment

Mitsubishi Challenger No DPF

Comment

You can buy DPF delete software here, DPF Delete Software for Hyundia 1.4CRDI, 1.5CRDi, 1.7CRDI, 2.0CRDI, 2.5CRDI, 3.0CRDI - FR&R Tuning| MAHA Dyno Rolling Road Tuning| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Engine Performance Upgrades - (Powered by CubeCart)
              and you then can either remove the DPF or leave it on the car. The last time I bought oil for the pug they asked me if it had a DPF, as you must use special (expensive) oil if one is fitted.
              FR&RTuning Shop Online - FR&R Tuning| MAHA Dyno Rolling Road Tuning| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Engine Performance Upgrades - (Powered by CubeCart)[keywords]=dpf+delete+&_a=category
              they also have delete pipes
              smithw
              Last edited by smithw; 14 September 2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Landrover Defender/ Puma and probably most other Land Rovers
                All 2.4 and 2.7's do not have DPF.
                Most 3 litre do not have DPF
                Was only introduced for the 3.0l only as an option.
                If you have a 3 litre, your vin will have a G if you have a DPF.
                Eg: SALLAAAG incl. DPF, SALLAAAF no DPF.

New 2.2 WILL have DPF
                tillyfromparadise
                Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 16 September 2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

2010 Nissan Nevara

Auto has a DPF
                  Manual does not have a DPF

Comment

Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 and current 2.5 diesel- No DPF

Comment

Mercedes W202 C250D to 1999
                      Later models had the common rail engine and MAY have had a DPF installed.

Regards,
                      Tony
                      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
                        Hyundai I30 Current model does not Have DPF fitted. Earlier model does or Possibly the Auto has a DPF and the manual does not. Evidently there is a sticker under the bonnet if there is not one fitted.
                        I am not sure that this is correct, I have 4 of them. I don't now believe they have DPFs.

However if there is a warning on the obvious top of the plastic cover over the motor which says words to the effect
                        Use only blah blah top grade (expensive fully synthetic) engine oil
                        or similar; this to the Hyundai/Mitsubishi workshop mechanic is indicative that car has a DPF....

My manuals have no such sticker, I recently got back an automatic model on loan and it has no such sticker.
                        Conversely the Peugeot 270 TDI I used to own had such a warning and only top grade European oils could be put in it..... indicative that it had a DPF

I notice that Hyundai did approve at one time [I saw a Caltex rep look up a chart of approved models for oil products that I cannot now find on the net] of the use of a Caltex semi Synthetic (double cracked crude) engine oil called Delo 400. Because it is a second tier oil this to me indicates no DPF on the i30. Caltex stipulates that Delo 400 is not for use in engines with a DPF http://www.caltex.com.au/FPL%20PDS/D...Multigrade.pdf

When I say second tier it is a bloody good product which I have used in my older vehicles running on vegie oil in the past in a cold climate giving in some years over 100 frost days per year. It has always passed the "2 drops off the dip stick test" irrespective of treatment and change times in my older vehicles, and I would thoroughly recommend it.

I have used for over 5 years now Delo 400 extensively for my i30 diesel fleet. Hyundai dealer was happy with this on their own knowledge and the cars are serviced regularly as required using Delo 400 unless I neglect to leave oil with them which sometimes happens, too busy to pump it outa the drum usually. Some of these cars have 300,000 kms on them, they probably have 1,000,000 between them.

Looking up Caltex tables today they now recommend their fully synthetic Halvoline for the 2007 to 20012 Hyundai i30 diesel, to the public anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
                          I am not sure that this is correct. I have 4 Hyundai i30 diesels. I no longer believe they have DPFs.

I am lead to believe that if there is a warning on the engine cover to use only high grade fully synthetic (ridiculously expensive) european engine oil then that, to a Hyundai/Mitsubishi dealer type mechanic, is indicative of a DPF. My vehicles have no such label under the bonnet.
                          Conversely I had a Peugeot diesel 270 tdi which had such a warning and dealerships refused to put anything in it except high grade fully synthetic (ridiculously expensive) european engine oil of the racing variety.

When I first started buying these cars I had a Caltex rep look up his tables on the suitability of a semi synthetic (double cracked crude) caltex product called Delo 400. I saw on his screen that Hyundai approved of the use of this oil in diesel i30s. But not the Peugeot, which explained the resistance I had got with the Peugeot dealers. Caltex stipulate that Delo 400 is not to be used in engines with DPF. When I went to my Hyundai dealer there was no such resistence and they were happy for me to supply Delo 400 for the cars on service which is regular as required by the book. Subsequently I have used Delo 400 extensively for over 5 years for 3 of the i30s, all manual. These cars have done some 900,000 km between them without any engine trouble of any sort, the one I drive has well over 300,000 km on the dial and drives like new.

Before these vehicles became available I was using Delo 400 in both a merc and a Nissan patrol vegie oil fueled. It is a very robust oil and in my cold climate (100 days of frost a year) it will always pass the "2 drips off the dip stick" test no matter how neglected for changing. I bought it by the 200 litre drum and that is why I made such inquiries.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by bushpig View Post
                            I am not sure that this is correct. I have 4 Hyundai i30 diesels.... These cars have done some 900,000 km between them without any engine trouble of any sort, the one I drive has well over 300,000 km on the dial and drives like new....

BP
                            Are any of these i30s running on biodiesel?

Comment

Just found this VW FAQ Sticky on the VW Watercooled forum listing all of their diesel vehicles with DPF:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-faq-6114.html
                              3DB
                              1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
                              1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016 - SOLD
                              1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD
                              @thirddegreeburns on Instagram
                              @thirddegreeburns2019 on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X