Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biodiesel supplier for ACT, bulk orders..

Originally posted by hdj80 View Post
    Good stuff
    Yes polymerization That scary word I did a bit of research on it and basically got no answer only that use the fuel as soon as you can...and or remove all air contact. Dry with CO2 or replace all air with CO2

What are you planning on making your Bio from? If other than Veg I am very interested...
    Sorry Hdj, I meant depolymerization, basically the same process the earth used to create oill in the first place. But now like fake diamonds used by us for better means. Check out the "oil into anything link" on albatrossrenewableenergy.com, cheers Dalan

Comment

HI,

what is a "1 ton units in skid bulky bin" ? I've noticed containers that are based on standard pallets - could be handled by a forklift, but these bins?

And, you are importing. Have you any plans to use local product, should it become available?

I note that some large manufacturers had to mothball plants because of lack of demand ( last year, when dino fuel was cheap), but are picking up again now:
      ARFuels - Home
      :: Welcome to Australian Biodiesel Group Limited ::

.... and if you are providing the missing link, the distribution to us out here who do want to buy it....

ta, Gannet.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what type of facility can produce these volumes from Algae and Jatropha?

To my knowledge, Algae Bioreactor technology is still in basic feasibility stages with most companies involved in either open pond or closed cylinder reactors.

BE CAREFUL GUYS...
        Ray Adams

Comment

I thoght the only people who spoke of oil by the tonne were from Nigeria?
          I guess however if its cash on pickup, its above board.
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Good stuff
            Yes polymerization That scary word I did a bit of research on it and basically got no answer only that use the fuel as soon as you can...and or remove all air contact. Dry with CO2 or replace all air with CO2

What are you planning on making your Bio from? If other than Veg I am very interested...
            Please disregard the thermal depolymerization, seems to be rubbish, check out Anything Into Oil

came across it in my travels, not what i'm doing. i wish it were true..

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
              HI,

what is a "1 ton units in skid bulky bin" ? I've noticed containers that are based on standard pallets - could be handled by a forklift, but these bins?

And, you are importing. Have you any plans to use local product, should it become available?

I note that some large manufacturers had to mothball plants because of lack of demand ( last year, when dino fuel was cheap), but are picking up again now:
              ARFuels - Home
              :: Welcome to Australian Biodiesel Group Limited ::

.... and if you are providing the missing link, the distribution to us out here who do want to buy it....

ta, Gannet.
              yep , thats them , they are totes, cube shape, metal frame around on a metal pallet, I'm buying tons as thats what fits nicely in a sea container.Because of the density,, 1 ton of biodiesel is approx 1140ltrs
              I would love to use local product if we could,but no one can match the price.
              WE want anyone who uses diesel, who are paying pump prices to come to us and save.We want to be moving around 300 tons a month and want to be supplying transport and industry.As we get bigger we will have a truck to make deliveries. This is a stepping stone for us to get diesel generator sets connected on the grid.We will be using glycerol to turn into syngas and run them on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Natbio View Post
                It would be interesting to know what type of facility can produce these volumes from Algae and Jatropha?

To my knowledge, Algae Bioreactor technology is still in basic feasibility stages with most companies involved in either open pond or closed cylinder reactors.

BE CAREFUL GUYS...
                We will use algae later, but for now we just importing it to get us off the ground.If you go to Biodiesel Manufacturers & Suppliers
                there are quite a few here.

Comment

Dalan,
                  given the recent slight reduction in pump price with a promise of possible future future reduction, have you worked out what you end-user price per IBC may be, you must be getting close to having stock by now?
                  Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tando View Post
                    Dalan,
                    given the recent slight reduction in pump price with a promise of possible future future reduction, have you worked out what you end-user price per IBC may be, you must be getting close to having stock by now?
                    Tony
                    Yes Tony, we were looking at $1.60/ ltr when prices were $1.90, but as we did say 20 to 30 c less than pump price, if we supplied a container tommorrow, the most expensive price would be $1.50/ ltr based on the Average Prices for Saturday, 9 August 2008 diesel Canberra178.3

a saving of 28c per litre, we will have a detailed price index sliding lower the more work you do to get it from us, or the volume you buy, or your desire to pre purchase,and or on contract.Cheapest is cash prepaid, the most expensive is 30 day invoice.
                    Will be running in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalan View Post
                      Will be running in a few weeks.
                      Dalan, with you being so close to opening you must know where you are selling from, can you please enlighten us?
                      Maverick
                      Canberra

Comment

Dalan,
                        FYI
                        My 80 uses 14l/100kms on Bio against 12.5l/100kms Dino Diesel.

$1.78 x 12.5 = $22.25/100km Dino
                        $1.50 x 14.0 = $21.00/100km Biodiesel

$1.25 per 100km saving.... Minus more frequent filter changes etc

The saving isn't really a big selling point is it? Is that really the best price you can do?
                        HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                        Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by maverick_sr71 View Post
                          Dalan, with you being so close to opening you must know where you are selling from, can you please enlighten us?
                          mitchell, the actual address and and map of how to get there will be on google maps, we will only put up our contact details, and take orders when we have everything finalised. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

Dalan,
                            FYI
                            My 80 uses 14l/100kms on Bio against 12.5l/100kms Dino Diesel.

$1.78 x 12.5 = $22.25/100km Dino
                            $1.50 x 14.0 = $21.00/100km Biodiesel

$1.25 per 100km saving.... Minus more frequent filter changes etc

The saving isn't really a big selling point is it? Is that really the best price you can do?
                            I guess you don't use enough for it to be worth it to you, but one mans trash is another mans treasure,
                            A HR B- double using 1ltr /2.5 km. that uses 5 000ltr /wk on pump price will cost $8900 to run
                            A HR B- double using 1ltr /2.5 km. that uses 5 000ltr /wk on our price will cost $7500
                            5000 x $1.78 = $8900
                            @ $1.50 x 5000 = $7500
                            -------------
                            Savings $8900-$7500 =$1400 / week x 52
                            = $72800 / year
                            I guess $72800 is pocket change for you.
                            The price would be lower again due to the fact that they would be getting a further discount for using a greater quantity.
                            To these people we will make a huge difference, thier business will be under less pressure , less stress , This is our market.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                              If your market is large commercial users, why are you hanging round this forum being rude and sarcastic to the small, Private users when on july 30 you said:

"WE want anyone who uses diesel, who are paying pump prices to come to us and save."

Perhaps you have found an outlet for your product and no longer can be bothered with the little guys that make valid Points?

You previously said" Price has been finalised , and we will be taking orders soon,"
                              You then said: "we were looking at $1.60/ ltr when prices were $1.90, but as we did say 20 to 30 c less than pump price,"

It seems that you are floating the price of your Biodiesel in relation to oil prices rather than working on your Fixed cost price and a set margin. from this I can only assume that the savings you pass on won't have anything to do with the actual price you pay for the fuel but the price of crude oil you are in fact speculating on.
                              If that is the case, then you had better hope that the world oil price dosen't take a sudden downturn or you might be left trying to shift 300,000L of Biodiesel at a loss rather than the extra profits you are speculating on oil prices now.

Should that happen, you can forget about trying to convince commercial operators to pay MORE for thier fuel and the only way you could off load the stuff is through people who have a different agenda such as the green aspect of bio which would mainly be the sort of people you would find here. given that, you may just want to hold off a little longer on the smart remarks and attitude.

Do you have any quality certificates for the product you will be importing or will you be able to make any samples available for those that want to have their own independent testing conducted? I am also very interested to know what non food feedstock your product is produced from given it's origins in Brazil or USA that you think it may need to be heated to stop it gelling or did you get it winterized and with what?
                              Thankyou Dave for illustrating my point , thats exactly how I felt at having "The saving isn't really a big selling
                              point is it? Is that really the best price you can do?" slung at me.
                              Especially when it was said that the price is on a sliding scale, going lower!. Why take what I said out of
                              context.
                              I said "we will have a detailed price index sliding lower the more work you do to get it from us, or the
                              volume you buy, or your desire to pre purchase,and or on contract.Cheapest is cash prepaid, the most
                              expensive is 30 day invoice."
                              You said "If your market is large commercial users, why are you hanging round this forum being rude
                              and sarcastic to the small, Private users" So am I being rude? Or defending myself against the same
                              thing?
                              My reason to be here is the same as most of you! I believe in the network not the money!
                              Thats why I'm hanging around, people are worth far more.
                              I said "We want anyone who uses diesel, who are paying pump prices to come to us and save."
                              HDJ80 is bringing up cost? in his example he is saving $1.25/ 100km.
                              saving $1.25/100 k = $101.76 / ton Our minimum unit is one ton.
                              At least I'm giving a saving , if you can produce the same and supply it in the same quatities on a reliable
                              basis, with specification then great , but don't be giving me rubbish for no reason because the savings
                              I'm giving don't fall into your category of savings! Even at my most expensive, the biodiesel I will supply
                              will save $101.76 / ton to anyone!.
                              You said "You previously said" Price has been finalised , and we will be taking orders soon,"
                              You then said: "we were looking at $1.60/ ltr when prices were $1.90, but as we did say 20 to 30 c
                              less than pump price,"
                              "It seems that you are floating the price of your Biodiesel in relation to oil prices rather than working on
                              your Fixed cost price and a set margin. from this I can only assume that the savings you pass on won't
                              have anything to do with the actual price you pay for the fuel but the price of crude oil you are in fact
                              speculating on."
                              My price has been finalised so I know how far I can go with keeping my promise of $0.20 =$0.30 /
                              litre below pump price as the price falls!
                              What business is it of yours ? None!!.
                              You said" "If that is the case, then you had better hope that the world oil price dosen't take a sudden
                              downturn or you might be left trying to shift 300,000L of Biodiesel at a loss rather than the extra profits
                              you are speculating on oil prices now."
                              I don't need to hope as I don't deal with unknowns!!. Once again I appreciate your concern but what
                              business is it of yours!!
                              "Should that happen, you can forget about trying to convince commercial operators to pay MORE for
                              thier fuel and the only way you could off load the stuff is through people who have a different agenda
                              such as the green aspect of bio which would mainly be the sort of people you would find here. given
                              that, you may just want to hold off a little longer on the smart remarks and attitude"
                              Why would I think that I could sell product for more than retail price? it goes against supply and
                              demand.
                              You said "Do you have any quality certificates for the product you will be importing or will you be
                              able to make any samples available for those that want to have their own independent testing
                              conducted?"
                              Our biodiesel wil be provided will full specification as stated on our website
                              www.albatrossrenewableenergy.com (EN14214)
                              We will be testing all shipments on arrival as that is the only way we will accept it.This spec will be
                              provided with each purchase.
                              You said " I am also very interested to know what non food feedstock your product is produced from
                              given it's origins in Brazil or USA that you think it may need to be heated to stop it gelling or did you get
                              it winterized and with what?
                              There is no reason why the raw materials must come from the same country the supplier is in ! Which
                              is why certain companies that have a green ethos can find a way around constraints based on ingenuity.
                              Why do you think our suppliers are using materials from Brazil? Why must the manufacturing plant be in
                              Brazil? The feedstock is jatropha.
                              There is no cure like prevention.
                              I hope this answers you questions.

Comment

I'm still yet to understand Dalan how you intend to winterize the fuel. It's a question that's been ask a couple of times without answer and certainly one that fleet operators and the mum and dad diesel owner will want to know.

Many of us that make our own here have come up with some invetive ways of overcoming the gelling of bio in our fuel tanks in Canberra winters. The fleet operators wont want to do mods to their vehicles and nor will most mum and dad diesel owners.
                                Maverick
                                Canberra

Comment

Working...
                                X