Methanol prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Methanol prices

I rang the agent in brisbane and it seems the price is the same as all the resellers here in brisbane.
    East coast cost me $250 delivered to my warehouse. Rechochem was cheaper but I had to have a minimum order of $250. seems a bit silly but next time I'll make some calls to other members before I order to try to get more drums and maybe a better price. Oh well I now have 200 litres and enough for some time.

Michael
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
    2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
    Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Just bought a drum (200L) of methanol from East Coast Lubes in Toowoomba - $259 every where else Ie caltex,Bp were
      $20 plus.

Cheers
      Pete
      96 Dual Cab Rodeo B100% since Jan 2011

Comment

Looking for better pricing.

I have just been flattened buy a cash account price of $303 per drum min 4 buy !!!! for 44 gallon drums. I nearly dropped the phone.

I'm told by everyone that an account price will get better pricing. So I'm putting it out there for everyone's thoughts. Do I set up an account and negotiate a better price for the south east Qld users and share the details privately ?

Of course I'd set up pickup only, pay on pickup only and share when asked for details. ??? This might be with East Coast Lubes in Eagle farm and Toowoomba.
        I have a contact details for one of the sales Reps but won't call him unless I have a show of hands for who might be interested depending on prices obviously.

I will find min buy and pricing

Michael
        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Hi Michael,
          When I bought my last 163kg drum of methanol produced in Saudi Arabia about 6 weeks ago, as I recall, the cost was $256.00.
          That included delivery.
          I will have to go check what the price is on Monday,

Of course I buy the methanol to fuel my racing motorcycles and model aeroplanes.

Comment

Tilly must have got the old price.
            My last drum 17/1/13 was $309.00 it has gone up but not as bad as other fuels.
            See the carbon tax didn't do anything did it?

Before that the price has been fairly static between $245 - $260. In actual fact it had been coming down, prolly as the Aussie $$$$ rose in value.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwarla View Post
              Tilly must have got the old price.
              My last drum 17/1/13 was $309.00 it has gone up but not as bad as other fuels.
              See the carbon tax didn't do anything did it?
              You must not have bought your methanol at the same place I buy mine.
              Just curious what petrol costs up north now.
              The price for petrol here in Paradise has not gone up more than about 5- 10 cents a litre in the last 6 months.
              If your drum of 205 litres of methanol has increased by about $60 dollars that is an increase of around 30 cents a litre
              Did they say the increase in the price of methanol was due to the carbon Tax?

"What about fuel costs?
              The Carbon Tax will not affect fuel costs for households and trades however many businesses that currently receive the fuel excise concession will lose an equivalent amount of that concession. For example, non road transport such as earthmoving machinery will face an effective increase in the cost of diesel equivalent to 6.21 cents per litre"

tillyfromparadise
              Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 12 April 2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Michael, Nambour fuels where I got my last was the best ever now Nambour's Reliance Petrolium has closed, think he would have it for about $240. Cade is coming up tomorow so ring him or I can e-mail if you want. Cheers Grey Hair

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
                  Just curious what petrol costs up north now.
                  The price for petrol here in Paradise has not gone up more than about 5- 10 cents a litre in the last 6 months.
                  At the moment ULP is around $1.50 litre. Some places down to $1.47 on a good day. Last month or so the price was more like $1.42

I didn't actually ask why methanol had risen. Over ther time I have been keeping a track of prices it was actually dropping in price, probably because of the rising Aussie $$

But just looking at the price of KOH. It went up massivly because of the olimpics in China. Funny that price has not fallen. I would have thought the factories would have caught up on production by now, or is it that the sole importer is setting up for retirement?

Comment

I just bought my first drum of methanol for the year- $253.85 delivered. It was the same price last year and the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
                      I just bought my first drum of methanol for the year- $253.85 delivered. It was the same price last year and the year before.
                      Hello Tilly, could you please post the contact details for your supplier.
                      Cheers
                      Graeme

Comment

Well ordered a drum today.

priced up from East Coast at $320 not delivered and from my local servo at $280.
                        Oh well guess I pay a premium living in the big smoke.

I cannot understand why the prices are so varied around the states and why the dealer is more expensive tun the guy reselling it from the dealer.

also , word is there is a price rise coming.

Michael
                        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Holy Crap! I can't believe east coast lubes are $320 now. I hope they google themselves and see this post and realise how out of touch they are. I haven't bought for a while, but I will not be buying there again that's for sure.

Originally posted by SUZUDDIS View Post
                          Well ordered a drum today.

priced up from East Coast at $320 not delivered and from my local servo at $280.
                          Oh well guess I pay a premium living in the big smoke.

I cannot understand why the prices are so varied around the states and why the dealer is more expensive tun the guy reselling it from the dealer.

also , word is there is a price rise coming.

Michael

Comment

So I decided to have a closer look at this and Googled racing methanol brisbane queensland and found:
                            Cheetah race fuel
                            Several sellers in Brisbane and $1.30 a litre (maybe)
                            http://www.cheetahracefuels.com.au/distributorsqld.html

Also you might look at this one at Willowbank raceway.
                            Dont know how old the prices are.
                            Pure Race Fuel
                            http://www.kenlowe.com.au/Documents/...e%20120126.pdf
                            tillyfromparadise
                            Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 28 January 2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

It's been a little while but sadly I thought I'd post to update regarding a lost supplier.
                              the guy I used to get my Methanol from has passed away a couple of weeks ago so anyone using the fuel supplier at Sandgate in Brisbane will have to find another supplier.
                              Sorry boys and girls.

Take care
                              regards
                              Michael

Now a small scale Bee Keeper........
                              2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Thanks Michael, appreciate the info. Sorry to hear it

Graeme

Comment

Working...
                                X