Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Vehicles do NOT have DPF fitted

Re: Which Vehicles do NOT have DPF fitted

Mercedes W202 C250D to 1999
    Later models had the common rail engine and MAY have had a DPF installed.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
    Hyundai I30 Current model does not Have DPF fitted. Earlier model does or Possibly the Auto has a DPF and the manual does not. Evidently there is a sticker under the bonnet if there is not one fitted.
    I am not sure that this is correct, I have 4 of them. I don't now believe they have DPFs.

However if there is a warning on the obvious top of the plastic cover over the motor which says words to the effect
    Use only blah blah top grade (expensive fully synthetic) engine oil
    or similar; this to the Hyundai/Mitsubishi workshop mechanic is indicative that car has a DPF....

My manuals have no such sticker, I recently got back an automatic model on loan and it has no such sticker.
    Conversely the Peugeot 270 TDI I used to own had such a warning and only top grade European oils could be put in it..... indicative that it had a DPF

I notice that Hyundai did approve at one time [I saw a Caltex rep look up a chart of approved models for oil products that I cannot now find on the net] of the use of a Caltex semi Synthetic (double cracked crude) engine oil called Delo 400. Because it is a second tier oil this to me indicates no DPF on the i30. Caltex stipulates that Delo 400 is not for use in engines with a DPF http://www.caltex.com.au/FPL%20PDS/D...Multigrade.pdf

When I say second tier it is a bloody good product which I have used in my older vehicles running on vegie oil in the past in a cold climate giving in some years over 100 frost days per year. It has always passed the "2 drops off the dip stick test" irrespective of treatment and change times in my older vehicles, and I would thoroughly recommend it.

I have used for over 5 years now Delo 400 extensively for my i30 diesel fleet. Hyundai dealer was happy with this on their own knowledge and the cars are serviced regularly as required using Delo 400 unless I neglect to leave oil with them which sometimes happens, too busy to pump it outa the drum usually. Some of these cars have 300,000 kms on them, they probably have 1,000,000 between them.

Looking up Caltex tables today they now recommend their fully synthetic Halvoline for the 2007 to 20012 Hyundai i30 diesel, to the public anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
    Hyundai I30 Current model does not Have DPF fitted. Earlier model does or Possibly the Auto has a DPF and the manual does not. Evidently there is a sticker under the bonnet if there is not one fitted.
    I am not sure that this is correct. I have 4 Hyundai i30 diesels. I no longer believe they have DPFs.

I am lead to believe that if there is a warning on the engine cover to use only high grade fully synthetic (ridiculously expensive) european engine oil then that, to a Hyundai/Mitsubishi dealer type mechanic, is indicative of a DPF. My vehicles have no such label under the bonnet.
    Conversely I had a Peugeot diesel 270 tdi which had such a warning and dealerships refused to put anything in it except high grade fully synthetic (ridiculously expensive) european engine oil of the racing variety.

When I first started buying these cars I had a Caltex rep look up his tables on the suitability of a semi synthetic (double cracked crude) caltex product called Delo 400. I saw on his screen that Hyundai approved of the use of this oil in diesel i30s. But not the Peugeot, which explained the resistance I had got with the Peugeot dealers. Caltex stipulate that Delo 400 is not to be used in engines with DPF. When I went to my Hyundai dealer there was no such resistence and they were happy for me to supply Delo 400 for the cars on service which is regular as required by the book. Subsequently I have used Delo 400 extensively for over 5 years for 3 of the i30s, all manual. These cars have done some 900,000 km between them without any engine trouble of any sort, the one I drive has well over 300,000 km on the dial and drives like new.

Before these vehicles became available I was using Delo 400 in both a merc and a Nissan patrol vegie oil fueled. It is a very robust oil and in my cold climate (100 days of frost a year) it will always pass the "2 drips off the dip stick" test no matter how neglected for changing. I bought it by the 200 litre drum and that is why I made such inquiries.

BP

Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    I am not sure that this is correct. I have 4 Hyundai i30 diesels.... These cars have done some 900,000 km between them without any engine trouble of any sort, the one I drive has well over 300,000 km on the dial and drives like new....

BP
    Are any of these i30s running on biodiesel?

Just found this VW FAQ Sticky on the VW Watercooled forum listing all of their diesel vehicles with DPF:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-faq-6114.html
    3DB
    1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016
    (@thirddegreeburns on Instagram)

According to Hyundia customer service Australia (when asked which 2008-2010 models do not have a DPF) the i30 FD range does not.

You probably need to change the title to "DPF or Catalytic Converter". My Mazda BT50 had a cat that gummed up with BD. The beauty of cats is that they are normally easier to remove than DPFs as there usually aren't any electronics involved

Hi Mark,

DPF's and Catalytic converters are completely different things.
    Most/ all Diesel vehicles produced in the last 10- 15 years will likely have catalytic converters.
    Many diesels built up until about 2 years ago will not have DPF's installed.

It is the DPF that has caused so many headaches whether using biodiesel or not.

Mark,
    I am happy for you to start a thread about vehicles which do have Catalytic Converters fitted.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts