Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common Rail and Veggie oil - Report on presentation by Alexander Noack of Greasenergy

Re: Common Rail and Veggie oil - Report on presentation by Alexander Noack of Greasen

Key words Alga is using are "I purge it for at least 12klms with BD or diesel".

I've rebuilt my 12HT after 280,000km - a piece of valve guide went through the turbo - and like Alga, the bores and ring lands were clean and I meticulous purge.

Blending to minimise coking as the only strategy to address coking on a DI is only going to work IF you get the blend to a similar viscosity to diesel - and that's just conjecture.

The strategy for a common rail should be the same. However a modded ECU to change things such as rail pressure, injector opening time, number of injector activations per engine rotation, and engine timing can also work if you know what you're doing - as Alexander does.
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Re: Common Rail and Veggie oil - Report on presentation by Alexander Noack of Greasen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mark View Post
    Ok I'm calling bulltish on this:

I wonder can anyone tell of any examples of oil "turning to jelly" and destroying engines.

These kits cost the best part of $2K. That's how he justifies the cost - telling you that your engines might blow up if you don't.

I've been running a Mazda BT50 and Merc OM613 on 50% WVO for several months now. I've just upped the Merc to 70% WVO and I'll be doing the same to the Mazda at the next refueul. I'm going to minimise coking by adding 5% low-octane petrol. I was running an OM603 on 90% WVO and 10% petrol for a while with no problems.

Not sure how high I'll go with the WVO yet, but I'll keep you posted.

There's a mob up in Balcatta that remap engines - I might have a chat to them and see what their experience with WVO is
    There have been reports of IDI diesels with excessive blowby allowing WVO fuel enter the crankcase and polymerise in the engine oil. I suspect that this is the same process causing the "jelly" in the DI engines.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol)
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe.(body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts