Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum had a hiccup

Re: Forum had a hiccup

I posted a question asking about old threads, but it seems to have vanished. I can't find anything older than 2012 Is that right? I hope it isn't lost.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

I remember your question because i replied something along the line
    "you seem to be correct.
    Stranger and stranger"

That was about 5 minutes before the forum disappeared for most of the weekend.

Now that you bring it back up, it still seems to be correct.
    Stranger and stranger.

I too hope everything has not disappeared forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnojack View Post
    I posted a question asking about old threads, but it seems to have vanished. I can't find anything older than 2012 Is that right? I hope it isn't lost.

I saw your post, too. Actually, the forum went down right as I was going back to the main page after reading it.

I'm guessing there's a backup of all the old stuff somewhere
    1987 Mercedes W124 300D
    1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Not sure about threads/posts from 2012... There are much older ones in there, so the 2012 should be as well. The outage happened around the 2nd & 3rd Aug (at least when I found out about it). I would expect that there should be 24-48 hours of possible loss (worst case) from when the forum was last seen to be operating before it went down.
    Having a look through the forum, I can see posts done on 31/7 and also 1/8. I would not expect to see any around 2/8 or 3/8 while it was down. I would expect that there might be some missing of they were made 24 hours before the outage - sorry. Older posts, like ones from 2012 should still be there (there are many others around that time and older still there).

I will check through the database and make sure it has no problems/corruption, but I don't think that posts made just before the outage will ever return - sorry.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnojack View Post
    I I can't find anything older than 2012 Is that right?
    Don't worry, I've got your back.
    Additional to what I wrote above, I've now been through and checked/cleaned/optimised the database. It's all there (apart from just before the outage).

I noticed that the default options for many forum sections were to display only the last year's posts. I've turned this off (just on the "using bio" forum section to begin with) and I've noticed that there are still threads in there from 2005. So, not to worry, all the old stuff is safe, it was just hidden. I've just gone through every forum section now and increased the display age, so you should see all old posts now.
    Last edited by Robert; 7th August 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Hi Robert,

I would like to contribute to your efforts by flicking you a few bucks now and then, as I have improved my bio processes by learning from this site. Would you like to reinstate a 'donation' link or something so we can help out?

Cheers,
    Regards,

Cade.

2002 100 series Landcruiser
    240,000 Km and counting on B100, 330,000km total on car.
    Naturally aspirated, Walbro Pusher pump just upstream of tank switch valves, Cav filter with reversed fuel flow direction.
    At 160,000 km Rebuilt pump, Reconditioned head and manifolds, glow plugs. Injectors all good after 160,000 km on B100.

Just testing image uploads.. Seems to be OK now. There should be 1 image attached.

Cade - I'll consider adding the link back in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewPosts.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	2050  
    Last edited by Robert; 7th August 2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Robert,
    Thanks for your sterling efforts at short notice in getting the Forum working again.
    I also have now started using the "What's New" button. Different functionality, but it is easy to use and does the job I need it to.

When I opened the thumbnail, I thought that I had done something wrong - the image confused me for a few seconds until I realised where you got the image from - Screen Dump?

Keep up the good work
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    the image confused me for a few seconds until I realised where you got the image from - Screen Dump?
    Yeah, a "snip" from when I was testing the new posts link.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

'New Posts' is working for me tonight.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts