Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BD use in Common Rail engines

BD use in Common Rail engines

I would be interested to read opinions of BD being used in common rail engines. Especially Landcruiser
    I currently use BD100 in the 1HZ engine in a 2004 Landcruiser. I would like to upgrade to the newer vehicle but I am wary of BD in the new V8 Common rail engine.
    Grateful for any stories or thoughts.
    With thanks Tim

Re: BD use in Common Rail engines

I want to bump this thread, as I have the same question. Is anyone running BD in a common rail engine.
    thanks

I've used B100 in 2x common rail Peugeot 2.0 hdi's. One for 3 years and One for 5 years with no issues.

Thanks smithy, there seems to be a lot of misinformation on the internet. Ive got a 306 Pug that im repairing and a friend been looking at a 406, but he was put off by all the "biodiesel broke my engine" stories that are out there.

Hi smithy I'm the friend mentioned concerning the 406 hdi common rail, I take your word you have had great success with running B100 I would like to know given you have achieved to have success with this model I am curious what little improvements have you done if any at all to achieve this. Most of the threads I've read have all stated much concern Eg to much strain on pump,blockages ect.. And have for the most part recommend no more really than 30% biodiesel any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Regards Nathan.

Hi gemspec, here in the UK (within us biodieselers) the pug 2.0 HDI engine is regarded as 'unshootable' as far as bio is concerned. Because of the much higher pump pressures involved with common rail it is important that your fuel contains a minimum of residual oil (triglycerides) but a clear 10/90 or 3/27 test will tell you that.

I must also add that my son bought an old belingo some 2 1/2 years ago fitted with one of the 1st 2.0 HDI's which hasn't missed a beat on bio.

Any common rail will run OK on well made bio, it is the DPF's that usually don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Hi gemspec, here in the UK (within us biodieselers) the pug 2.0 HDI engine is regarded as 'unshootable' as far as bio is concerned. Because of the much higher pump pressures involved with common rail it is important that your fuel contains a minimum of residual oil (triglycerides) but a clear 10/90 or 3/27 test will tell you that.

I must also add that my son bought an old belingo some 2 1/2 years ago fitted with one of the 1st 2.0 HDI's which hasn't missed a beat on bio.

Any common rail will run OK on well made bio, it is the DPF's that usually don't like it.
    Hi smithy, once again a big thanks for the information it is interesting you say with good biodiesel it is not a problem my friend W Smith that asked you the question earlier he and I spoke about this and with not critisicms to anyone making biodiesel the way they know how making good biodiesel could be half the problem that all these people are having issues due to the quality they are producing. Big thanks nathan

Thanks, I'm here if you need to ask anything.

Well I really appreciate that so many thanks! Nathan.

Why bother using biodiesel when Alexander Noac of Grease energy has kits and ECU mapping to run CRD engines on straight vegetable oil.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts