Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Need help, don't know what went wrong.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern Sydney
    Posts
    477

    Re: Need help, don't know what went wrong.

    that has happened to me as well, I think my problem was the oil temp was too high, no gauge for that, and the methox was hot as well. Using the apple seed mixer, I was showered with foamy hot gloop from the vent pipe.
    so I guess watching the temps of both, would be my thought.
    as for using bad oil, I have used some stuff that was black as deso oil, very high titration, the worst result was about 65litres bio out of 100 ltrs oil. not good. I soon learnt to look for other oil supplies.

    jeeze I miss this stuff. but alas, I have a new car now and will not be going down the slippery oily side again.
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

    i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    BC canada
    Posts
    9

    Re: Need help, don't know what went wrong.

    I'm not sure what you mean by glycerol-like substance. The stuff that came out of the vent was a gelatin like substance. I did add water to the sample that I had in the separation funnel. It didn't turn into a gelatin substance, didn't even emulsify either. It just took many many time to wash it. I actually never did get it to wash out completely. I just gave up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •