Thread: Travelling tassie on svo

Travelling tassie on svo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3636.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	2221Hi all i have been travelling since January in the Flying Brick from Forster NSW up to Dubbo out to Wellington free camping on the way staying at Ponto falls, Forbes, Narrandera, Tocumwal, Rushworth,Echuca picked up some great oil here and topped up tanks continued on to Meredith then onto Geelong out to Portarlington Back up the road to Port Melbourne across to Tassie on the Spirt of Tasmania have been lucky so far picking up oil on the way been on Bruny Island for a few days found good oil here and filtered wih my portable unit filled the tanks and took an extra 40 litres of filtered oil with me while we were on Bruny we did a Pennicott tour down south to see the Tassie fur seals it was a great trip and would recommend it if you are down this way the weather has been a bit cool and windy but a bit better than the mainland currently.
    We are currently at Gordon making our way to Huonville the bus is going great and have not had to change any filters so far
    We will keep you up to date as we continue on our journey signing of for now long time svo users Kev & Barb

Re: Travelling tassie on svo

Enjoy your holiday.
    It would be much more costly running the Flying Brick on Petroleum product.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Travelling tassie on svo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0257.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	2230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	2231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	2232
    Well its been a week or so since my last post we travelled down the coast to GORDON staying overnight at a low cost camping site $5.00 a night then on to HUONVILLE to get some supplies the opp shops are great down here then onto GEEVSTON another low cost camp again buy a beer in the RSL and your covered good little camp and there were Platypus in the creek great to see them there.We then went down to IDA BAY and caught the train for a two hour excursion was a very pleasent afternoon went and had lunch at the kiosk and as luck has it i was able to pick up another 100 litres of golden oil tanks are close to full so have to carry it in the bus but thats ok we then travelled down to COCKLE CREEK where you can stay free for 30 days if you wish the pictures above show the view of the beach the whale at the end of one of the walks and sign letting you know its the end of the road great spot a few days latter returned to GEEVSTON overnight then onto HOBART catching buses from the showground to the city went to the wooden boat regratta also very good have now moved on to CAMPBELL TOWN another free camp tommorrow moving onto EVENDALE for the PENNY FARTHING RACES . All is going well no issues touch wood and oil hasnt been to hard to pick up i thought i may have meet some of the svo guys down here but havent been contacted by any members yet and i have tried i will keep you posted in a weeks or so Regards LIMOMAN IN THE FLYING BRICK