Re: 1hz injector pump rebuild

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24022017_001_.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	2234 The cigarette sized filter

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    Farmerpete. I am not sure that your engine behaves the same as the 1HT engine, but if it does:
    Remove the facet pump from the fuel delivery line. It cannot pass enough fuel for that engine. It pumps a lot more fuel than the engine needs and the restriction may cause the symptoms you have.
    If you need a primer pump put it in the return line to suck the fuel thru the filter and IP. This could cause issues with the IP internal pressures though.
    If running on veggie oil increase the fuel delivery line to 1/2"ID to further minimise restriction.
    Check posts by Tim HJ61

Hope this helps,
    Tony
    Not sure this is right. Years ago my fisrt BD car was a 1HZ. After a few months the IP karked it and I sent it to a mob in Qld to get it rebuilt with Viton seals. When I got it back it didn't quite run right. It behaved as though I didn't have full throttle travel, and consequently it was flat out at 100kmh. I thought about sending it back, but this involved a fair bit of mucking around, so I thought I'd try fitting a Facet pump to see what happened. Bingo - problem solved, and it ran perfectly.

If you're looking for a bio friendly IP rebuilder, there's a mob in Picton NSW (whose name escapes me at the moment), or if you wanted to send it to WA you will find Total Fuel Injection in Balcatta will happily rebuild a BD compatible pump for you, and they are the cheapest in Perth

Mark,
    Did you fix the problem causing the poor performance or just continue with your work around?
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles on oil based fuels:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google

Adding images and/or documents to your posts

I just left it as it was. It was running fine so if it ain't broke don't fix it. But it meant that I had to carry a spare pump with me just in case

Tony
    The info in this thread is very relevant to another thread in Making Biodiesel titled '1HZ wont rev heaps of smoke'. That thread has had 12000 views
    Perhaps the info in this thread and that other thread should be somehow combined?
    Cheers
    ps O how the om606 goes compared to the 603.Its so much fun to drive .New plastic fuel hoses already.