Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1hz injector pump rebuild

1hz injector pump rebuild

Despite all my efforts including clear fuel lines to ensure no air and a facet fuel pump before the main fuel filter my engine wont rev over 1600 rpm.
    Compression tests were good at around 390-400 psi only 2 glowplugs were working...which I could tell in winter
    I'm going down the injector rebuild avenue first
    Does anyone know who will rebuild a 1hz injector pump to be bio friendly?
    No luck so far... they laugh at any such thoughts and have zero warranty on such
    Cheers Peter

Re: 1hz injector pump rebuild

Farmerpete. I am not sure that your engine behaves the same as the 1HT engine, but if it does:
    Remove the facet pump from the fuel delivery line. It cannot pass enough fuel for that engine. It pumps a lot more fuel than the engine needs and the restriction may cause the symptoms you have.
    If you need a primer pump put it in the return line to suck the fuel thru the filter and IP. This could cause issues with the IP internal pressures though.
    If running on veggie oil increase the fuel delivery line to 1/2"ID to further minimise restriction.
    Check posts by Tim HJ61

Hope this helps,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by farmerpete View Post
    Despite all my efforts including clear fuel lines to ensure no air and a facet fuel pump before the main fuel filter my engine wont rev over 1600 rpm.
    Compression tests were good at around 390-400 psi only 2 glowplugs were working...which I could tell in winter
    I'm going down the injector rebuild avenue first
    Does anyone know who will rebuild a 1hz injector pump to be bio friendly?
    No luck so far... they laugh at any such thoughts and have zero warranty on such
    Cheers Peter
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 17th February 2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles on oil based fuels:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google

Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Ive had this problem before, and put a thread on it, and how to fix it. There is a lift pump inside the IP that has vanes, which can get stuck. Have a look here. http://www.biofuelsforum.com/threads...ghlight=estima
    easiest way to tell if there is a lift pump problem is disconnect the return line, and see how much fuel comes out when running. No fuel it will be stuck vanes (providing the filters, fuel lines etc are all good)

Quote Originally Posted by smithw View Post
    Ive had this problem before, and put a thread on it, and how to fix it. There is a lift pump inside the IP that has vanes, which can get stuck. Have a look here. http://www.biofuelsforum.com/threads...ghlight=estima
    easiest way to tell if there is a lift pump problem is disconnect the return line, and see how much fuel comes out when running. No fuel it will be stuck vanes (providing the filters, fuel lines etc are all good)
    Smithw cheers my friend
    Tony will try that pump on the return tomorrow

If you can't get enough fuel out of the pump to rev over 1600 then rebuilding the injectors will have no effect. Save that for after the pump issue is fixed. Check what I said on DBs IP thread and yes take out the facet pump.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

smithw there is virtually no fuel in return line and it seems to "fizz" out fuel for want of a better explanation
    3 months ago the motor would not rev over 1200 rpm unless I got on the primer pump and pumped it up hard while the engine was running. It would then rev to 2700 rpm- hence the facet pump
    Last week the facet pump effect stopped
    I should mention this lack of reving has been with me for 4 years I do field work only and 1800 rpm is fine.New filters and blowing back down the supply hose all the time to check for blockages
    I'll pull off the return pipe on injector pump and inspect and try the facet on the return
    This machine has 150 000 km on clock but all my work in low range would tell me it could be closer to 350 000 km
    Any ideas on a good bio friendly injector rebuilder?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnojack View Post
    If you can't get enough fuel out of the pump to rev over 1600 then rebuilding the injectors will have no effect. Save that for after the pump issue is fixed. Check what I said on DBs IP thread and yes take out the facet pump.
    Can you tell me who DB is?

Its worth the effort to flush the pump out, just remove the return line banjo as there is a small orifice that will restrict the flow. Some pumps have a mesh filter inside or under the fuel inlet and /or return banjo, that is also worth checking.
    Im not sure what is the best solvent to use, I used Metho and acetone, but petrol or methanol will probably work well also. You can see the Vane pump in the drawing Labeled 801 There is also a pressure regulator labeled 135 that is usually easily removed, which can cause problems if the o rings fail, But in your case I dont think thats the problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 4.27.42 PM.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	2233
    Last edited by smithw; 18th February 2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerpete View Post
    Can you tell me who DB is?
    3DB see Engine Fueling Issues thread.
    You seem to have air getting in your IP. Reasons- restriction from Facet in line, leaking filter seals, leaking hose connections, front seal gone, primer pump diaphragm split. Does your motor stall too? Should have clean stream of fuel from return no spitting from air.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

I assume yo have replaced the fuel filters?

Also checked the filter screen in the IP