Thread: fuel starvation.

fuel starvation.

My 12ht auto has developed a problem which haven't been able to solve so far. Its been running fine on SVO for years, yet the other day when started driving it, it slowed down and stopped. So switched to dino and it continued to do the same, except was able to get home at about 14kph.

Changed all the filters, made no difference, so disconnected the fuel lines and blew them out and it still does the same thing. My next idea was to change the fuel feed pimp because the problem seems to be after the throw away filter because it is full and has no air bubbles. The ip was fully rebuilt about 3 years ago, along with the engine and have had no troubles whatsoever, until now

Remember reading somewhere that there was a screen in the fuel input section of the iP, but not sure if it was a cruiser or something else. if someone has any ideas, would greatly appreciate it.

Re: fuel starvation.

It was in a number of vehicles, including Toyotas. Best to check out posts for the past 2 months to find it.
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles on oil based fuels:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google

Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Either under the fuel inlet banjo, or under the shut off solenoid. The latter is where it is on my Toyota 13B engine
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 160,000km on WVO,(2016) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

I had a similar issue on my merc, it was the "lift pump" that is bolted to the outside of the injector pump....
    1980 Mercedes 300TD 2 tank setup mainly using SVO and some WVO
    1987 Toyota Landcruiser, 2 tank setup mainly using WVO
    2006 Musso Sports - SVO two tank, stock dino, 140lt veggie

the toyo 3L engine came with at least 3 types of IP. depending on where it was going from Japan... higher altitude types had a different config than at sea levels. having said that, the filter they talk about can be in both ends or just one. i know this cos just before i got rid of the mighty veglux, fuel starvation caused me to break down in the M5 tunnel. the car still ran, but not under load... turns out the shut off solenoid was gummed up and sticking, along with the filter being full of crap.... the banjo fuel supply is a bitch to get at, where as the solenoid end is fairly easy... still gotta remove a lot of stuff to get there tho... good luck.
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Replaced the lift pump from my spare 12ht and it only made a little difference, does 60kph instead of 40kph, it is also hunting, so will go over the whole fuel system as soon as we get some good weather. Been raining here for the last 2 weeks and today was the first day with sun. Thanks for the help so far, will do a big read up on the iP tonight and will change all the fuel lines tomorrows if it's not raining, have a feeling it may be a line blocked in some way.

After going through the entire system a number of times and puling it apart, but having no luck decided to change the main fuel filter, which had been put in very recently and that was the problem. Put a new filter on and off she went like a rocket, must have been a faulty one as bought a couple of boxes of them years ago and they have been fine until now.

Much relief as was thinking it may be the iP, which was rebuilt only 4 years ago with the engine rebuild.

Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles on oil based fuels:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google

Adding images and/or documents to your posts