Thread: 70 Iinline Fuel Filters

70 Iinline Fuel Filters

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I found a site on Ebay selling 20 inline fuel filters for $14 including shipping.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20PCS-Uni...53.m2749.l2649

I could not really tell exactly what they actually were and $14 is a lot of money to waste if they were really not what I wanted but I took a punt and ordered them "just on spec"

They arrived in 12 days!
    So far I am very pleased with what they are.
    The plastic part of the filter is slightly shorter and smaller around than the Super cheap SC4F.
    However, the actual filter paper medium is the same length and slightly bigger around than the Super Cheap filter.
    You actually need to look closely to determine which end of the filter goes towards the fuel tank.

I have installed one on my car and will update if there is a problem.

Re: 70 Iinline Fuel Filters

Tilly,
    Looking out for your evaluation report.
    I prefer the mesh filter used by Mercedes in the W123 diesels. It is simple and reliable and I can wash it our if I am so inclined.
    Tony

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prefilter1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	2248
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol)
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe.(body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Tony - is the one you use a genuine Mercedes part? Or from someone else? How much are they? I'll be needing a new one soon.

Tilly, yours look compelling too. Keen to hear how they go.
    3DB
    1995 Isuzu Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - 45,000km & 3.5 years on B100
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - 3,000 km on B100, 280,000 Km on the clock, but probably more like 1,280,000
    (@thirddegreeburns on Instagram)

It is the same as the Mercedes part, just not branded with the 3 pointed star or in a 3 pointed star box for over $20 each. I looked around and bought 4 for around $4 or $5 each. I keep them in ziplock bags and if I need to change one out, it goes into the ziplock bag until I get home and wash it out, when dry, back into the (now washed) ziplock bag.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol)
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe.(body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car) [sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts