Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I plumb in a heat exchanger?

Re: How do I plumb in a heat exchanger?

This how I've set up my 1hdt, much different to how I've done others and will need a few runs to prove itself and remove any problems. So far have done over 100klms on it with no problems, but tomorrow it will do close to 500klms and that will test the system out.

Am using the subtank for dino/bd presently until have it all sorted, then will put a 5.5lt tank in the engine bay for really long runs and use the sub for oil as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3497.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	2278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3498.JPG 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	2279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3499.JPG 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	2280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3495.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	2281
    Last edited by Alga; 15th November 2017 at 10:08 AM.

Re: How do I plumb in a heat exchanger?

Mark, had the same problem as you with the main filter. Now can flush the lines in a minute and having looped the return line and added ball valves, can control where fuel comes from and goes. So when changing an inline filter, can rapidly remove any air into the main (vo) tank and then switch to the loop return. Can also cut off fuel from both tanks to flush the Ip etc from the under bonnet tank, which can also act as an emergency tank.

Not using Bd in this engine, will stick with dino for starting and flushing as these rotary pumps are very finicky. The older inline Ip's are very strong, sturdy and lubricated by the engine oil, not the fuel.

Wouldn't worry about comments by some here, you get those types on every forum. They either don't read what is posted, or try to manipulate it to suit their warped egocentric agenda. Then they display their ignorance in wonderful terms.

I just ignore them, but it must be a bit frustrating for those coming here to learn about using VO for fuels, to see some who claim to know, being sarcastic and abusive because they don't agree with something.

Now have finally got it set up, took it for a 300klm test drive and it went like a rocket.

Have also fitted an engine breather tank, so there is no oil or crap going back into the engine, it gets collected in the tank and just the expelled air goes into the air intake. Which should aid in a longer life for the turbo.

Next job is an inter cooler.