Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WVO Upflow Design ok?

Re: WVO Upflow Design ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Vehicle is a 92 Hilux ln106 2.8diesel, been 12 years now and cant see myself getting rid of it, so thought time to snaz her up a bit to WVO
    Thats a good wvo engine you got there, I ran mine for about 150000 on WVO and bio with a two tank system. Make sure you purge the system properly when switching back to diesel and you'll be fine.
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)
    1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HZ engine both 75l factory tanks and a custom 170l under tray tank.
    200.000km 80% on bio 10% on WVO 10% on dino,

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    The issue I see with your system is that your filter will need to be changed at some time. How are you going to access them inside a 200L HDPE drum?
    Having the drums "open topped" is a problem as it allows dust and vermin, Insects, etc to enter the filtering system.
    I sell 1 micron filter bags online. This allows people with Common rail or older diesels to use the filter with confidence. I use 1 micron filter bags, "5 micron" was a typo.
    I see no problem using vegetable oil as fuel providing that it has been filtered at least as fine as the main fuel filter on their vehicle. I used to use 5 micron filters, prior to getting the 1 micron ones in. Older diesels may be fine with 10 micron filtering.
    Had a good chat with the guy in the filter place in Welshpool this week. Seemed to know his stuff. I was buying replacement elements for my Delphi filter. He told me they were 10 Ám which was interesting because I'm sure I have seen them specified at 5 Ám somewhere. He said that 10 Ám is fine for a non-common rail engine. Interestingly, I asked him what the standard Toyota filter was and he said that he didn't know. I'm sure I've seen it specified as 10 Ám somewhere

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Have found a source of WVO and organising bits now

Will post up if anything goes awry.