Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: terrano dying after a few k's

Re: terrano dying after a few k's

Cade,
    I do not know what room there is in a Terrano for mounting the pusher pump at the tank, so I suggested putting it back where Artrix installed it. If there is plenty of room at the fuel tank, then it would be best to install it there.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    Cade,
    I do not know what room there is in a Terrano for mounting the pusher pump at the tank, so I suggested putting it back where Artrix installed it. If there is plenty of room at the fuel tank, then it would be best to install it there.
    Yes space on a Terrano down near tank is very difficult I had a look under the car but I just couldn't see where I could put it near tank, thats why I have fitted pump on firewall with hose from feed pipe going straight into it and then to the 2 filters I have .

All my vehicles have the push pump near the tank, except for the new series 80 cruiser. There is nowhere to put it with the dual tank setup, so like Artrix, have put it at the firewall and you can hear it when you switch on the ignition. may have to put some rubber dampening around it to cut the noise a bit.

These series 80's move so much fuel through the system, the inline filter can't handle it, so have looped the return and now have one of the most complicated setups ever and it is not starting for fuel anymore.

Glad the push pump worked for you Artrix.

Cheers Alga merry xmas