Thread: Cooking oil cruiser

Cooking oil cruiser

Hi guys
    I was an active member a few years ago and travelled many kms on SVO. As I found this forum a great place to exchange information at that time I would like to share this video I recently put together of my time spent modifying and driving my old 80 series Landcruiser 1HDT.
    It was great father and son experience as I needed some help to put the engine back together a couple of times and used his keen eyes to set the marks on the timing gears to save me getting my glasses lol.
    It was modified using an extra on board tank in the rear and separate solenoid taps near the IP to control switching at different times to avoid cross contamination of existing diesel tanks. You can see where I put the heat exchanges and extra plumbing.
    The video has the person in mind who has never heard of doing this before so I edited it to have a little fun and try to keep them interested. Hope you like it? Love to see how you guys did it so please share any links to videos or comment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpxdv5LU_H8&t=25s
    Last edited by oztec2007; 4th February 2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: More detail