Thread: For Sale Mercedes W123 300CD Turbodiesel $6000 ono

For Sale Mercedes W123 300CD Turbodiesel $6000 ono

SOLD!
    I have decided that it is time to part ways with the Fatmobile (but I keep the number plates)
    I have not driven my 300CD for 6 months now and I am faced with the reality that I don't have time for it.
    It started life as a 280CE, but after I purchased it in 2012, I replaced the M110 with my rebuilt OM617 952. This engine has not had a lot of use it in the 9 years since it's full overhaul, it took me 2 years to get time to install it in my '84 300D and I had a work car. My 300D it was first installed into and then the 300CD were just for short weekend jaunts. The engine and all parts for the overhaul were sourced thru MB Spares.
    The turbo transforms the very sedate OM617 into a lively engine, even without any tweaking of the injection pump or changing the turbo dump-valve opening pressure. It has a 2.5" exhaust system, which is very quiet. The Cruise control is the one from the M110 with imported linkages from the USA. It works well and easily holds speed up hills.
    I paid $6,500 for the car.
    The engine and overhaul cost me $5,450

I would like $6,000 ono for it.

Here are it's details:
    VIN: WDB1230532A240616
    Engine Number: 617 95212060952
    Original colour Maroon, had been resprayed White prior to my purchase (Note respray was outer skin only and A,B and C pillars are still maroon, as can be seen when doors are opened. The engine bay has had some black sprayed over the Maroon, but it was not well done and the Maroon shows through in places.)
    There is no obvious rust, even under doors.
    A modern car radio / CD player with Aux input is in the car. An owners manual for the radio is provided.
    A new DIN88 battery.
    The number plates are not included in the sale, a number plate change will be processed prior to sale.
    The engine change has not been recorded on the Registration.

Faults:
    Sunroof cable broken.
    Drivers sun visor vinyl cover split
    Rear seat back MBTex split on passenger side
    When the car is left in the rain, water accumulates in the drivers side rear passenger foot well.
    When the engine warms up, it has a lumpy idle, indicating that the valve clearances need to be reset.
    The front interior light does not come on when the doors are opened.
    Passenger side rear window regulator doesn't wind down all the way - a good regulator is included.
    Dent under LHS of bumper bar (jacknifed trailer while reversing)

Spare parts -
    Almost complete OM617 912 engine (1984). This is a good engine with good compression on all cylinders.
    Tail lights, headlights, fuel and oil filters, spare injectors, etc.
    New windscreen seal (I can't recall if it was front or rear - how can I tell?)
    Passenger side rear window regulator.

Additional Information:
    I have run this engine on used cooking oil ever since it was overhauled. There have been no problems at all from using vegetable oil as fuel in this engine.
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 6th June 2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: SOLD
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: For Sale Mercedes W123 300CD Turbodiesel $6000 ono

Sold

sold

sold
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts