Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quite surprising

Quite surprising

Hi All,

whats going on? not a single post in 22 days??

Is this thing still working?
    Regards,

Cade.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100 (1HD-FTE) 20,000 on bio
    2006 Ford Courier(WLT Motor), 10,000 on bio
    2002 Landcruiser HZJ105r (1HZ motor) 250,000 on bio (sold)
    2006 Mazda B2500 (WLT motor) 80,000 on bio (sold)

Re: Quite surprising

Shhhh - don't wake them up, they must all be sleeping.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Has been real quiet hasn't it? I'll start a new thread in the Blending Forum, see if anyone else is awake.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

The lack of traffic is no doubt because this forum is a pretty unfriendly place. Personally, if there's information I require I always try to find it elsewhere first, and only come here as a last resort

yeah, I saw that it puts me off too.

The lack of traffic on biodiesel forums in general probably has a lot to do with the fact no one much makes or uses biodiesel any more.
    As a member of both this forum and the infopop forum which has historically been a much busier and more popular forum than this forum, in the last year or so our forum has become more active than the infopop biodiesel forum.

I do not think the fact that we have an unpleasant fellow on the forum who keeps telling everyone how intelligent he is because of his PhD in Chemistry really has anything to do with the decline in participation on the forum.

Biodiesel: The great crash of Australia's 'fish and chip cooking oil' renewable fuel industry
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-28/why-australia-cooking-oil-biodiesel-market-crashed/8121100

Biofuels falling off a cliff according to report
    https://www.fullyloaded.com.au/industry-news/1705/biofuels-falling-off-a-cliff-according-to-report

Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 15th August 2018 at 07:46 PM.

There is a member of this forum that sometimes posts in what I can only describe is a very demeaning, belittling and impolite tone.

On a personal note I will stand up to anyone and hold my ground, however some other members do not like this confrontational way of posting and as a result they just don't post.

I know this for a FACT simply because of the number of private communications I have recieved about this situation.

The sooner this member is told to just calm himself down and show a little more respect to others the healthier this forum would be.

Hi smithy,

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    There is a member of this forum that sometimes posts in what I can only describe is a very demeaning, belittling and impolite tone.

On a personal note I will stand up to anyone and hold my ground, however some other members do not like this confrontational way of posting and as a result they just don't post.

I know this for a FACT simply because of the number of private communications I have recieved about this situation.

The sooner this member is told to just calm himself down and show a little more respect to others the healthier this forum would be.
    Yes, I too am getting lots of private communications about this fellow.
    You and I need to stand up to this fellow shoulder to shoulder and calm him down!

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post

Yep, and we all know who you're referring to, don't we? Feels as though he has to comment on absolutely everything, and takes it personally if anyone disagrees with him. Dunno what his problem is (I do actually) but I gave up reading his posts years ago.

oh not this again... :-(