Thread: For Sale: W210 E300 Merc with OM606 engine

For Sale: W210 E300 Merc with OM606 engine

The car is registered and in good running order, with the exception that the transmission is stuck in first gear. From what I can tell a rebuild on these is worth around 4K.

I'm selling it as is, with rego, for 5K, which I reckon is worth it just for the engine alone.

If I can't get 5K for it, I'll take it off the road and mothball it until I can get a W124 300D and do an engine swap

Re: For Sale: W210 E300 Merc with OM606 engine

3K if anyone's interested

Unhappy Re: For Sale: W210 E300 Merc with OM606 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mark View Post
    3K if anyone's interested
    The issue with later OM 600 engine is that it is likely to have engine computer controls. They also have O-rings in fuel system which are not compatible with renewable fuels.
    If your engine is turbo'd and does not have computer controlled IP. (check for black shut off valve the side of IP) and has banjo bolts on Fuel filter, then it is a desirable engine.
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 10th October 2018 at 06:12 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts