Thread: Waste Oil Market Cornered?

Waste Oil Market Cornered?

It seems everywhere I look lately WVO is collected by large scale "free" commercial operators.

The blue '44 brigade.

Is there anywhere these guys don't dominate?

Re: Waste Oil Market Cornered?

Go to the small, out of the way, places. You may have better success in those locations.
    Have you tried lunch bars, fish & chip shops, restaurants, delicatessens?
    In WA we are in pretty good shape with reasonable supplies available (although you need to search for them)
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Unfortunately, many commercial collectors are willing to scare WVO suppliers with lies regarding environmental disposal laws. I've recently lost some good supplies through such aggressive approaches.

i have had my personal collection drums vandalised, destroyed and had threats of violence against me by the oil collection companies, all because I dared to place my own drum in an agreement with newly opened shops.

I am at personal war with the local collectors, they are nothing but thugs and standover merchants who deal in intimidation, lies and cowardice.

I no longer have my own drums. I have been quite fortunate of late having a steady stream gifted to me, but its time to start doing the rounds again, and taking advantage of those handy black 200 litre steel drums that are a plenty, which seem to be constantly refilled with lovely clean oil....
    Regards,

Cade.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100 (1HD-FTE) 20,000 on bio
    2006 Ford Courier(WLT Motor), 10,000 on bio
    2002 Landcruiser HZJ105r (1HZ motor) 250,000 on bio (sold)
    2006 Mazda B2500 (WLT motor) 80,000 on bio (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincademan View Post
    SNIP
    I have been quite fortunate of late having a steady stream gifted to me, but its time to start doing the rounds again, and taking advantage of those handy black 200 litre steel drums that are a plenty, which seem to be constantly refilled with lovely clean oil....
    Cade, are you only taking the top 50% and leaving the rest for the "bullies and standover merchants"?
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

That depends entirely on my mood on the day Tony. Some days I’m moodier than others!
    Regards,

Cade.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100 (1HD-FTE) 20,000 on bio
    2006 Ford Courier(WLT Motor), 10,000 on bio
    2002 Landcruiser HZJ105r (1HZ motor) 250,000 on bio (sold)
    2006 Mazda B2500 (WLT motor) 80,000 on bio (sold)

Yes, the "big Boys" come all the way out to paradise collecting oil.
    The big black "honey Barrels" have been around town since before I started making biodiesel and there was a time when I did help myself to some of their goodness, but that was many years ago.

I did lose one of my suppliers to cookers when they first came here.
    Another one of my suppliers started buying his oil from cookers when they first came but continued to give me his WVO. He eventually stopped buying his oil from cookers and now buys it in 15 litre boxes along with his other food deliveries.

It is known that I collect oil to make biodiesel and I have far more oil than I will ever use.
    I give oil to another fellow who makes much more biodiesel than I do and he buys methanol in bulk so he sells me methanol at his cost price- $180 for a 200 litre drum

I presently have four regular suppliers and collect over 120 litres of oil a week.

I had a 200 litre drum at a nearby Indian place. They were pressured into using a supply and takeaway mob eventually. I emptied my drum and took it away, but took the opportunity to give the new guys some free 'oil', about 100 litres of thick old brown rancid fat I'd been wondering what to do with. Considering they say they are such experts in the business I figured they could also deal with the rusty water and goat vomit found at the bottom of some old drums which I normally dump on the compost pile. Enjoy.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation

Well that wasn't so hard.

It all came back to me. Found a small quality cafe, bought a coffee and then all the old phrases came back to me.

Simple.
    Last edited by Chev28; 24th September 2018 at 07:04 PM.