Thread: Methanol / Water invection on my Musso Sports

Methanol / Water invection on my Musso Sports

As I cannot post photos on the forum, I have posted the images on the OZBENZ forum.
    Check out my post here https://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25379

Tony

Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Methanol / Water invection on my Musso Sports

Hi Tony,

What is the operating pressure of the water pump? I assume it is max turbo boost pressure + X to ensure you aren't blowing bubbles back into the water tank and make the nozzle atomise properly.

And most importantly - how does it go? Can you feel the difference?

I had some problems with my nozzle getting blocked due to minor impurities in my water / methanol supply, so I installed a filter screen between the tank and the pump and it has worked a treat. You could probably use one of your diesel pre-filters for that purpose.
    3DB
    1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016
    (@thirddegreeburns on Instagram)

Re: Methanol / Water invection on my Musso Sports

Hi Tony,

I tried to look at the link and it says;
    "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Re: Methanol / Water injection on my Musso Sports

Quote Originally Posted by 3DB View Post
    Hi Tony,

What is the operating pressure of the water pump? I assume it is max turbo boost pressure + X to ensure you aren't blowing bubbles back into the water tank and make the nozzle atomise properly.

And most importantly - how does it go? Can you feel the difference?

I had some problems with my nozzle getting blocked due to minor impurities in my water / methanol supply, so I installed a filter screen between the tank and the pump and it has worked a treat. You could probably use one of your diesel pre-filters for that purpose.
    I have attached 3 documents which are 3 pages of my description of the WI system
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts