Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thomastown Biodisel

Re: Thomastown Biodisel

Quote Originally Posted by pdm.375 View Post
    That's good to know. So how do we show we are members of the Melbourne Biodiesel Club and get the special price ???

Peter.
    Plus how do we join the Melbourne Biodiesel Club
    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI
    75000 km on Bio 100 :)
    :(Sold:(

BA Falcon on e10 at the moment
    looking for flex fuel conversion

1966 VC Valiant 225 slant 6
    Won't run on bio for some reason :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by spudseamus View Post
    Will they fill 44s ??
    I am sure they would. they let me fill my 4x 25 lt drums then put them in the back of the polo. As long as ya drum is not gunna roll around on transport it should not be a problem.
    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

thanks for that --ill give them a ring just in case--- i see you run bio in a cdi volks-- my son had a golf 2007 he was askin how you find the bio goes in a commom rail engin?

Quote Originally Posted by spudseamus View Post
    thanks for that --ill give them a ring just in case--- i see you run bio in a cdi volks-- my son had a golf 2007 he was askin how you find the bio goes in a commom rail engin?
    It goes great on it but the Polo is not a common rail engine it is a Pumpe-Düse (pump injectors).

Volkswagen's Pumpe Duse or pump injectors also use a computer controlled electric solenoid to control injector opening and duration but there the similarity stops. Instead of one high pressure pump for the fuel system, each Pumpe Duse injector is its own high pressure pump.
    Fuel is supplied to each Pumpe Duse injector from a low pressure fuel pump and lines. A camshaft and rocker arms on the cylinder head operate a plunger with return spring on the top of the injector body that produce the high fuel pressure. This high pressure fuel is then injected, with injection controlled by the computer.
    One of the advantages the Pumpe Duse injection system has the high pressure it operates at. With up to 30,000 PSI injection pressure, considerably higher than common rail systems, the Pumpe Duse injector provides finer atomisation of the fuel for high torque and power with low emissions and high fuel efficiency. The Pumpe Duse diesels are capable of converting up to 43 per cent of the thermal energy in the fuel into mechanical energy. This is better than for any other liquid-fuelled production car.

Link to full artical explaining P-D

CanadianDriver: Auto Tech - Pumpe Duse
    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Hi,

That $1 rate finished a long time ago. And melbourne biodiesel club has become part of the ATA now.

I think bio at thomastown is around $1.30 at the moment. Anyway they are always a lot cheaper than petro, unlike other bio outlets.

chees

J

bugger!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamard View Post
    Hi,

That $1 rate finished a long time ago. And melbourne biodiesel club has become part of the ATA now.

I think bio at thomastown is around $1.30 at the moment. Anyway they are always a lot cheaper than petro, unlike other bio outlets.
    J
    That's what I thought. The last time I filled up there it was $1.35 per litre which is indeed a LOT cheaper than petro diesel.

Hi everyone,

I am the new member here and very excited to join the club. I have driven many diesel cars on anything but petro-diesel (WVO, SVO no car modifications but watching outside air temperature) for years in sunny south Europe so consider me experianced when it comes to cars suitable to Bio fuels although very much novice when it comes to Bio production and system setup . At the moment driving (107,000KM) '78 VW Golf 1. Filled up with Thomastown Bio on last friday at $1.40. This is the first run on "natural healthy food" for this well preserved beauty so I decided to post if there is any early fillter replacements (decontamination period) and general run in time. It looks like that Thomastown Bio is well balanced and Golf is starting in the morning if not better then before with petro-diesel. Looking forward to hear from anybody interested in sharing ideas and experiance particularly my neighbours from Melbourne. Thanks for reading.
    Zel.
    Last edited by Zel; 8th June 2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am the new member here and very excited to join the club. I have driven many diesel cars on anything but petro-diesel (WVO, SVO no car modifications but watching outside air temperature) for years in sunny south Europe so consider me experianced when it comes to cars suitable to Bio fuels although very much novice when it comes to Bio production and system setup . At the moment driving (107,000KM) '78 VW Golf 1. Filled up with Thomastown Bio on last friday at $1.40. This is the first run on "natural healthy food" for this well preserved beauty so I decided to post if there is any early fillter replacements (decontamination period) and general run in time. It looks like that Thomastown Bio is well balanced and Golf is starting in the morning if not better then before with petro-diesel. Looking forward to hear from anybody interested in sharing ideas and experiance particularly my neighbours from Melbourne. Thanks for reading.
    Zel.
    Welcome Zel,
    I wouldn't expect you to have any problems with Tom's fuel. I have been running my polo on it since the day after it's 7500 service. I have never had to change my filters outside regular service intervals except when I got some algae in the tank from some petro diesel down in tasmania where you cant by bio see post http://www.biofuelsforum.com/using_b...html#post23933
    so I would not expect you to have any problems with toms fuel after your decontamination period. Ask them for one of their sticker's for your car to help spread the word.
    Jas
    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI

Thanks Jas,

It looks like that Tom's Bio is OK I have started with B70 that way
    hopefully I won't disturb alge deposits all at once. Yes next time I am at Thomastown I will ask for the Bio sticker although I have still original sticker "Join The Diesel Club" on my rear window so it is time for it to go off.

Zel