Thread: Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

Could somebody advise if the Nissan Navara stx 2.5 T/D manual dual cab is compatable with Bio. a friend has bought one and wants to make Bio but he said that the manual states that this car is not compatable with BIo fuel?? I can't see why it wouldnt be as it is not a high performance engine. maybe it has a computer that won't let it for gas reasons etc.
    thanks
    Oily

Re: Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

While the manufacturer may not have confidence in biodiesel, the diesel engine will run well on biodiesel. The only issues are:
    • whether it is still under warranty,
    • if you value the warranty over the benefits of biodiesel,
    • the proportion of biodiesel you plan to use (B5, B20, B50, or B100), and
    • the quality of the biodiesel you plan to use.

Many modern diesels are operated on biodiesel (B100) with no negative issues.
    Some modern diesels have problems wioth petroleum diesel and are not covered by the manufacturers warranty. Poor fuel of any type, can cause IP damage.
    If you plan to use biodiesel, perform tests on it to determine the quality of the fuel. Search this forum for "testing biodiesel".

I hope this helps,
    Tony

Tony,
    Thank you for the reply, I will pass the message on and help him make his Bio, I have now done about 150,000 on 100% Bio in My 86 landcruiser and it loves it . it must be good for the engine as mine has done 435000 and I still haven't done the injectors and it's not blowing smoke. A mate of mine who is a mechanic said " IF IT AIN'T BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE"
    Thanks again for the info Oily

How did your mate get on? I have a 2006 Navarra and am keen to get it running on Bio

Quote Originally Posted by oily View Post
    Tony,
    I still haven't done the injectors and it's not blowing smoke. A mate of mine who is a mechanic said " IF IT AIN'T BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE"
    Thanks again for the info Oily
    Correct, B100 will keep them quite clean and working at specification far better than you would expect. Minimal coking / sooting on the pintles of mine after 150K km B100
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.