Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Fuels Distribution in Sydney

Future Fuels Distribution in Sydney

Today I called Future Fuels in Vic, who I was told are supplying the stations which are rumoured to be popping up all over Sydney with B50, from their new plant in Moama.
    I was told that I’d have to speak to their Sydney Depot and after being on hold for a while, a phone number was found for them. After many hours of trying, I eventually got through and I asked the simple question: Where are the stations in Sydney that you are supplying?
    This is apparently not such an easy question. Apparently there are 19 stations all over metro Sydney that have been selling B50 for about 6 moths now! However, obtaining a list of them for me to publish seemed like I was asking a commercial secret! Eventually, someone tried to read me a list of suburbs, but I suggested that perhaps they could email me the proper locations. They had to get all my details, ask why I wanted the information get my website address so they could check me out, ask their boss and then email me (hopefully).

So, why do we need a section for industry representation? Is it not blindingly obvious from the above?
    I’ll keep pursuing this issue with Future Fuels until I can get some proper answers. I must say it does concern me greatly that they should be so secretive about this, what have they to hide? Surely the fuel meets spec? They should be proudly advertising it.

Hopefully I will get an answer soon, but wouldn’t it be nice if members of the industry could do this in here themselves? It is free and open to anyone who wants to post…
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Future Fuels Distribution in Sydney

Not that it would bother me but do they have an obligation to announce blends?

The question of labelling at the bowser was indeed going to be my next question to them, but honestly, it was so difficult just finding out where the bowsers were!
    I belive that they are required to label the blend, but I've heard of some folk only noticing the label after they fill up. I'd really like to find out more about these guys. I'm very happy that we've got biodiesel (possibly) now widely available in Sydney, it is after all what I've dreamed of, however, I'd like to be sure of what I'm getting and as consumers, we all need to be. I'm really hoping that they'll come through and be a bit more open with us all.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Future Fuels Distribution in Sydney

Robert,

if you can give me their distributor number, I can give it a go at getting some info.

Andreas

Sure, if you can break open this great secret, we'd all love to hear about it!

Future Fuels head office can be phoned on (03) 548 07911 and their Sydney Depot can be called on (02) 9724 4907.

I was told today when I chased them up that they have had a look over my websites (sydneybiodiesel and here) and their director wanted to call me before giving me the list. I still don't know why we consumers should be treated with suspicion like this - why not just tell us where they are selling? I really don't understand this . He was meant to call me today, but did not, so maybe if others of you can hassle them to email me the list, I'll post it up, if they can be nagged into telling us.

You'd think they'd be grateful for the free publicity!
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Robert,

I rang the distributer for Future Fuel in Sydney through Volume Plus Service Stations.

I rang two stations that are sort of convinient to me

Forestville 702 Warringah Rd 2087 (02) 9451 0133 - they sell B50 but said to ring back later if I want more info.

Lewisham 764 Parramatta Rd 2049 (02) 9569 3311 - they sell B50 but do not know much about it.

Then I rang Future Fuels in Victoria and they told me that they are the manufacture and produce to the Australian Standard and they recommend that I only us B50 in the car.

So I will go to Lewisham or Forrestville on the weekend and check them out and report back.

Andreas

Thanks for that, so we now know of at least 2 of them! Only 17 to go!
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

OK, this morning Future Fuels deemed it OK to tell me that Volume Plus is their retailer on all sites in Sydney and their locations can simply be found on their website! www.volumeplus.com.au
    I wish I had known this earlier, as it would have saved everyone loads of hassle. From my count, there are actually 21 stations listed, not 19 as I was previously told. The locations are below:

BERKELY VALE - Lot 4 Tumbi Creek Road
    CHESTER HILL - Cnr. Waldron & Campbell Road 2162
    FAIRFIELD - 32 Court Road NSW 2165
    FORESTVILLE - 702 Waringah Road 2087
    GUILDFORD - 295 Woodville Road 2161
    INGLEBURN - 58 Stennett Road 2565
    LEWISHAM - Cnr. Parramatta Rd & Carrington St. 2049
    LIVERPOOL - Cnr. Terminus & Carey St. 2170
    LONG JETTY - 447 The Entrance Road
    MASCOT* - 42 Ricketty St.
    MILPERRA - 106 Milperra Road Revesby
    MINTO - 1 Ben Lomond Road 2566
    RUSE - 5 Acacia Ave
    SOUTH HURTSVILLE - 822 King Georges Road 2221
    SOUTH STRATHFIELD - 600 Hume Highway
    ST. ANDREW - 72 Stranraer Road 2566
    VINEYARD - Lot 3 Windsor Road 2765
    WANDANIAN - D2720 Princess Highway 2540
    WARRAWONG - 42-46 King St. 2502
    WENTWORTHVILLE - 431 Great Western Highway 2145
    WOOLOOWARE - Lot 2 Captain Cook Drive 2230

* Opening Soon.

Now, what remains to be seen is how biodiesel is being sold there, how is it being labeled (on the front sign, just on the bowser etc), is there any education available to the consumer etc. I will try and get myself to one of these stations soon to find out this sort of thing, but if anyone else has any reports as well, that would be nice.

There are also possibly many other stations selling B50 as well, via another distributor called Diamond Fuels. I will try to contact them next and post up any info I can get.
    Last edited by Robert; 5th May 2006 at 10:51 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

I called in at the Milperra/Revesby Volumeplus (one of the servo's listed above) on my way home from work tonight. Their diesel bowsers had no signage indicating any biodiesel content (but one of the petrol bowsers said E10 though). I went inside the shop and asked the guy behind the counter if he knew if the diesel had any biodiesel content. He looked totally blank and said he had no idea. He seemed like he may have been the proprietor and was happy to talk about where he got his supplies. He showed me the delivery docket for todays shipment and it was from Caltex, but he said it could come from anywhere and tomorrow it may be Mobil. He had never heard of Future Fuels.

Hmm, sinister. This obviously warrants more investigation. I'll try to get to another one of these stations and see if I get the same thing there.
    Thanks for your efforts geewizztoo. If anyone else goes past a volume plus servo, could you please do the same?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.