Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Added a donation system

Re: Added a donation system

OK, I've completed most of the forum upgrades today, but the donations plug-in is still a little wonky (hey, it still works, if you wanted to try it ).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting in here is to let you know that for those of you who have made donations, I'd like to recognise you by giving you a few extra bits on your forum accounts.

This is still in the works and it is not yet fully automated, as I'd like it, but you will get the following extras:

• Extra space in your private mailbox (currently 60, you'll get 200).
    • The ability to change your user title (eg, from "senior member" to "vegie wierdo", "donator" or whatever you want.)
    • The ability to send private messages to up to 10 people at a time (Current limit is 5).
    • More ability to edit own events in the calendar.
    • Can have more and bigger pictures with the new album features.
    • Stuff I haven't thought of yet.
    • A good warm feeling that you've given something back.

I intend to get around to manually updating the accounts of anyone who has donated so far. If I have forgotten you, please remind me.

Cheers,
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Hi Robert,
    I am new but have found the site very good.So I am willing to donate
    I see the donate button and where to enter an amount, but before I do. How do we pay you? Regards
    Annatex

The button takes you to the Paypal site. You can just pay from your credit card through Paypal.
    Sean

Re: Wholesale Replica

Robert,
    You may wish to resurrect the 'Donations' page so that members can support your upgrades and ongoing costs.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    Robert,
    You may wish to resurrect the 'Donations' page so that members can support your upgrades and ongoing costs.

Regards,
    Tony
    Let us know if thats happening, I am happy to sent you some for all your work mate.

Cheers

Jens
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)
    1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HZ engine both 75l factory tanks and a custom 170l under tray tank.
    200.000km 80% on bio 10% on WVO 10% on dino,

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

I may consider re-adding in the donatation link, but since I've added in the ads to the forum, the money now just covers the costs of a (cheap) host each year and software renewals. Of course it does not cover my time on it, but I'm not doing that for the money. I'll see how it goes and if hosting and forum maintenance are becoming a problem again, I'll look into adding it back.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.