Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBS TV News

SBS TV News

Hi there,

My name is Auskar Surbakti from SBS TV News in Sydney. I'm putting a story together on used cooking oil to fuel car/s and I'm looking for someone in Sydney who uses it with their vehicles. I'd like to have a quick chat with you and possibly conduct a brief interview.

If you'd like to volunteer, or could get me in touch with someone who might want to chat, please feel free to drop me a line at auskar.surbakti@sbs.com.au

Many thanks,

auskar.

SBS TV News

Auskar,

I've moved this to a separate thread and deleted your other duplicate posts.

I've sent you an email as I'm happy to be interviewed. Others may be too.
    Sean

Re: SBS TV News

what he said.

its sad i know but the more that are involved the more it takes away from us. i know that this may seem selfish but i'm just trying to say that we don't wanna all end up like the US and Melbourne for that matter too. I don't have a prob with bio svo or commercial ones of either, hoiwever the more non DIY or mainstream we attract the more govt, comercial and environmental interest surronunds us both good and bad. So for me i'll freely show people what i do but will never turn to the media as they have a way of warping the savings and failing to show the great lengths of time and effort the bio and svo maker/users go to to get the cheaper fuels.
    I will promote biofuels til i die as long as they aren't corparation owned.
    Cheers
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

Sunshine coast QLD (where I am) is an oil draught area. A Brisbane company gets in first and gets all the oil from all the shop and clubs. I struggle to collect 45lts of oil a week and out of that 40lts of that is good oil. I have just about got the Delica running on a two tank setup. So Iím not saying much to any one until I can get more oil. Selfish maybe.
    Hicko.

Quote Originally Posted by RODEONICK View Post
    what he said.

its sad i know but the more that are involved the more it takes away from us. i know that this may seem selfish but i'm just trying to say that we don't wanna all end up like the US and Melbourne for that matter too. I don't have a prob with bio svo or commercial ones of either, hoiwever the more non DIY or mainstream we attract the more govt, comercial and environmental interest surronunds us both good and bad. So for me i'll freely show people what i do but will never turn to the media as they have a way of warping the savings and failing to show the great lengths of time and effort the bio and svo maker/users go to to get the cheaper fuels.
    I will promote biofuels til i die as long as they aren't corparation owned.
    Cheers
    Exactly Nick. I kept collecting oil from my supplier (20 cents per litre)
    I had a fair bit stored up and stopped collecting it for a while. But with increasing publicity (and diesel prices) I think I better keep getting it and storing it. You never know when it is going to disappear.
    Johnnojack

I am not so sure about keeping quiet. some years ago there was a large cut in the quota of crayfish that could be commercially caught and sold. Many fishermen complained that their profits would go down. What actually happened?
    Profits went up. Why? fishermen did ot have to go as far to sea, so spent a lot less in diesel, and because of the demand rose for crayfish, so did the price.

In my local area most of the oil in the town is taken to adelaide by a fat feed comany. If there were more biofuel users, he may not remain in buisness, and may stop collecting from ALL his collection places. Result? More oil for biofuel users. (and less fats in stockfeed as well, which I dont have a problem with)

Anyway I guess as we found out somehow, I think its a bit mean spirited to say we wont help anyone else. There will come a time when people will pay for oil, and we need to realise it will come, and a newsarticle will make little difference.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Lake Macquarie (just south of Newcastle) NSW

Quote Originally Posted by 83Patrol View Post
    I don't know what the legalities are concerning using WVO/SVO in terms of fines, taxes, etc in Australia.
    Private Ruling Number 55949

Thanks BJBlaster

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Echidna View Post
    I think its a bit mean spirited to say we wont help anyone else..
    I second that.

While it is fully understood how hard it is to find free oil at many parts of Australia.

Still this does not mean that we hide what we enjoy and not let others enjoy it too.

We should help one another the best we can.

I am not with talking to the press or appearing on TV screens just to get famous ot attract attention.

But it is good to send a message of hope to those who are in need for financial relief and never knew about wvo.

If they decide to use wvo then it good but if they can not or choose not to then at least they were told.

I feel that I am wrong having my car labled "powered by used cooking oil".

It may be teasing for other motorists.

I think "SVO" or "WVO" is rather enough.
    Fitian
    <><

Well here in the UK the opposite happened -

A motor programme (Top Gear, see utube) championed a E250D Merc running on WVO for about a year, after which they slated the government for not making it tax free a dropping the 27p tax.

A few months later the government dropped the tax for private users under 2500 litres per year.

Not sure if this programme can take the credit for this (they did claim too) but it certainly raised the profile of something that previously was unheard of before.

On Tonight!

I did the interview today, should be on SBS news tonight from 6.30..

Glenn