Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to loose a major supplier

Re: About to loose a major supplier

Thanks for the heads up, no one has hit up my supplier yet but they only produce about 70Lt a fortnight.

Not a problem Nic0. They are probably targeting the bigger users now but once they tie that up the medium users will be in their sights. Thankfully all my other suppliers are 20-40 ltrs every 2-3 weeks.

I don't think locking in your supplier is going to make a big deal unless you are offering the same service as these guys are, stainless steel vats and all, least that's what my supplier said when I offered to match the big guys offer financially.
    Last edited by maverick_sr71; 9th July 2008 at 08:46 PM.
    Maverick
    Canberra

SS vats and stuff all take up valuable floor space, but then so does empty oil drums. The up side for the shop would be no more lugging full drums of oil as I would guess they can pump into and out of the vats.

I located one oil collecter here and I rang him to see if it is possable to buy the oil off him. He will sell it in the condition he collects for $2/20 litre drum.

So there is always that avenue to follow if you can't find any oil. Saves running around to several places, provided the price is not too high.

10 cents per litre is a good price in the current climate, but it may rise once he and theo ther collectors have the other outlets tied up.

Regards,
    Tony

Agree, I'd be happy to pay $2/20ltrs and I'd only have to go to one place to get it.
    Maverick
    Canberra

Hi there, i'm new here, but i believe i will be able To help everyone! I am at the moment in the process of impoorting biodiesel into Australia.We are hoping to supply at 20-30cents below pump price. So far things are looking very promising and we are just waiting for a responese from our supplier. So hopefully we will be able to supply every one in the Canberra region. We will be supplying 1000ltr units,our transfer station will be in mitchell and all you have to do is come and pick it up.MIn order 1 ton, to 10, 000 tons.Hoping to give us all a huge break..

A good Idea Dalan for those not making their own @ <$0.40/ltr. I know a few at my work who would be interested. How do you intend to winterize it?
    Maverick
    Canberra

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_sr71 View Post
    A good Idea Dalan for those not making their own @ <$0.40/ltr. I know a few at my work who would be interested. How do you intend to winterize it?
    There will be no servo,we will unload the seacontainers directly onto the back of your truck or trailer etc. You will reciev 1 ton units in skid bulky bins.The savings you will make on the first ton is enough to buy a heater and a pump.once you.ve got those your good for -20c
    For those in Sydney there can be another saving as they will be able to pick up from the docks, saving an extra 4.5 c/litr , which is what we pay for
    transport to canberra.We will be expanding to Sydney later. the heaters are plug and play, we are sourcing them in case we can;t get the diesel
    winterised.Both wrap around tank heaters and inline fuel heaters, minutes to put in. please see calorique.com and
    Racor Diesel Fuel Heaters
    I hope this answers your questions maverick,