Thread: Biodiesel workshop in Adelaide

Biodiesel workshop in Adelaide

For anyone who is interested in learning how biodiesel is made or wishes to refine their knowledge, Jonathon Thwaites from the University of WA will be running a workshop in Adelaide at the Burnside RSL Hall, 13 Beatty St, Linden Park on the 27th September between 9.00am - 1.00pm

If you wish to find out more just link to:

Sustainability at UWA - Biodiesel

By the way my involvement comes from making an enquiry to Jonathon about a previous course he ran in Adelaide a while ago. He said he was keen to do another one, so he asked if I was interested, I said yes and he provided a date. As a member of the RSL I arranged the hall and bingo the workshop was arranged.

If you wish to come along you can give me a call on 0408833923

Gary
    Last edited by kyoshi; 27th September 2008 at 02:54 PM.

Re: Biodiesel workshop in Adelaide

Gary,
    While I support Jonathon's Biodiesel workshops, it is not the same workshop which we ran a few years ago in Melbourne Mt Gambier and Adelaide. I believe that this one does not deal with veggie conversions at all, purely biodiesel.

I have copied the course content information from the above page:
    9:00 - 10:00 Biofuels and Biodiesel introduction
    10:00 - 10:30 Biodiesel demonstration, making a 2 litre batch in class
    10:30 - 11:00 Morning tea and discussion
    11:00 - 11:30 Theory on biodiesel chemistry, testing
    11:30 - 12:00 Finish biodiesel lab
    12:00 - 1:00 Legal aspects, the future of biofuels, conclusion etc

I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed in the course content, expecting it to also deal with veggie conversion of vehicles.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 27th July 2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added course content

Re: Biodiesel workshop in Adelaide

Hi Tony

Thanks for your interest and the information you have provided.

And you are correct, the the workshop isn't about about using SVO with vehicle modifications. And while this is a practical solution for some, it isn't for others.

Personally, I am very keen, as I am sure others would be of having the finer points of biodiesel making explained by a respected authority.

Just follow the link to Jonathan's University of WA website to get his credentials.

Cheers,

Gary