Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kia Pregio???

Re: Kia Pregio???

Yes, I posted a month or so about these cars. I did not get any response. My sister in law has one and has moved back to town so is keen to use biodiesel.

any update on this one Tilly?

how is the sisters Pregio going on Bio ?
    I really hate the decisions that we all have to go through with car choices. I want something I dont mind running into the ground but also want to be able to collect oil and make some trips down the road.

I might have to do up an old benz or convince the wife to like the look of a musso.

I am hoping to make a trip out west in april next year and want to be a low budget deal. so frustrating.

Michael
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara

Stainless processor with blue water pump.

Hi Michael,
    She still has the Perigio but never started using biodiesel with it.

HI

I have a Kia Pregio 2004. I managed to get 2000 ltres of Vegetable used oil filtered at 5 microns. Will this work without a conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiamru View Post
    HI

I have a Kia Pregio 2004. I managed to get 2000 ltres of Vegetable used oil filtered at 5 microns. Will this work without a conversion kit?

A friend of mine has a Kia Pregio and has used up to 50% veggie oil with diesel.
    Later we found that the mechanic(???) who serviced the vehicle had not remove the centre fuel filter seal, which had stuck to the filter housing. After doing this 3 times, the vehicle had difficulty running on the veggie blend. While I was not blamed for the fault, I did spend a lot of time getting to him and diagnosing the fault. Once we removed all of the redundant seals (held to the filter by a plastic clip, which did not have the strength to remove the seal when the filter was removed), the engine ran well on the blend.
    I would recommend that you add a fuel heater prior to the fuel filter, to minimise cold weather performance issues. (cold oil is rather viscous)
    If you wanted to run 100% veggie oil then I believe that you should install a small start up tank and some fuel changeover valves, operated by a switch on the dash.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    A friend of mine has a Kia Pregio and has used up to 50% veggie oil with diesel.
    Later we found that the mechanic(???) who serviced the vehicle had not remove the centre fuel filter seal, which had stuck to the filter housing. After doing this 3 times, the vehicle had difficulty running on the veggie blend. While I was not blamed for the fault, I did spend a lot of time getting to him and diagnosing the fault. Once we removed all of the redundant seals (held to the filter by a plastic clip, which did not have the strength to remove the seal when the filter was removed), the engine ran well on the blend.
    I would recommend that you add a fuel heater prior to the fuel filter, to minimise cold weather performance issues. (cold oil is rather viscous)
    If you wanted to run 100% veggie oil then I believe that you should install a small start up tank and some fuel changeover valves, operated by a switch on the dash.
    Thanks! It doesn't get very cold here in Mauritius (min 15 degrees) so think I could get away without heating. I`ll try 20% first and see from there.

Kimaru,
    That is a prudent first step.
    This is the start of a greasy relationship with your vehicles.
    When refueling, try to avoid using the bottom 10% of the oil. Then consolidate the leftover 10% and allow to sit for a few months. This will allow any sediments smaller than 5 micron to drop out. Then decant off the cleanest oil from the top of that container, for use in your vehicle.
    I look forward to seeing more of your experiences posted here.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts