Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BIO number plate sticker

Exclamation BIO number plate sticker

Anyone interested in a sticker for their number plate to show their use and support of BioDiesel?

I believe our common goal is to promote, increase interest and develop a market for environmentally sound biofuels such as biodiesel. To achieve this goal we have to communicate. The most successful from of communication is advertising although this can be expensive at times. Paul Martin has appeared in many media lately but what can the rest of us do?

I would like to show that I use biodiesel by having a sticker on my number plate similar to the LPG sticker. It will be noticed by other motorists and family/friends and could generate interest.

This would be legal (in Vic) as long as the number plate wasn't obscured.

I have come up with a concept sticker (see attachment) and I would like any feedback and to know if anyone else would be interested. A pair of stickers including postage and handling will cost approx $2.50 AUD.

Cheers
    Last edited by JSA; 1st August 2006 at 04:05 PM.
    Jeff & Sarah (but really Sarah) ;)

Re: BIO number plate sticker

Hey Sarah, what a simple, but brilliant idea - I love it

I'm up for a couple please.

It may be better for me to ask you for a sheet of them and I can distribute them among the Sydney users next time we meet. That might save loads of little individual postage/money collection efforts on your part. Can you do the printing yourself? If so, how many could I get in a batch (maybe PM me to discuss prices for a batch)?

I've been talking about stickers for ages, but never actually enquired of anyone who makes them or sought quotes.

Cheers,
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by JSA

I believe our common goal is to promote, increase interest and develop a market for environmentally sound biofuels such as biodiesel. To achieve this goal we have to communicate. The most successful from of communication is advertising although this can be expensive at times.

No business like show business.!!!

I have come up with a concept sticker (see attachment) and I would like any feedback and to know if anyone else would be interested. A pair of stickers including postage and handling will cost approx $2.50 AUD.>>>Great Initiative...keep up the good work.We used to paint our cars in the 60's.Flower Power!!!
    "Bio Power!!!in the new mellineum".

Cheers
    Hi Sarah(Since it's only really you )
    I had a yarn with Robert the other day.Since I am in India.I offered to source out a cheap printing mob here who can do all the printing,like posters,education material,stickers ,T shirts,Caps...the lot.
    But then once an organisation is set up that will be easy to do.
    Like every workshop has a 10 pointer on the real hard facts of Bio Diesel,Bio Fuels,The environment.
    I would like to get the schools involved too.
    It's our kids ...our future.

In fact I am looking for an NGO who could takre up the assignment which then goes to value add in the whole proposition of not only promoting environment friendly solutions but also helping a organisation that is involved in empowering and enrichment of the under priviliged.
    Global Village after all.
    One clean green earth one day.We can only do it together.
    For our tomorrow... a better Tomorrow....a Simple Dream.

Keep smiling shining and getting those ideas rolling.

Cheers
    Sauman

This is a good one:
    My Father used to go to work in a Bullock Cart(Being in India).
    I drove to work
    My son will probably fly to work.
    My grandson will go back to the bullock cart.

Brilliant I would like to order a load and offer them to members of the MBDC.

Hi folks,
    In addition to Sauman's offer I have also tracked down someone locally on one of the other forums who does windscreen banners for a good price.

I reckon one across the front or back windscreen would be cool but we would have to make sure we keep our vehicles in tune so we aren't blowing any smoke!

He wanted to know what message and what dimensions and an indication of numbers and he would give us a quote if people are keen ...

Msgs:
    A sticker of the 70's comes to mind.It's a circle
    No Nuclear,No waste ,No War:
    • We could use"Bio Diesel,Clean Green Fuel,Our Future"...get behind it!!!
    • Use Bio Diesel...Be a part of the clean green world!!!
    • This car is powered by Bio Diesel.....We care for Your &Our Future.
    • BIO DIESEL-CLEAN GREEN FUEL!!!
    • THIS MONSTER GUZZLES ONLY BIO DIESEL
    • THIS IS A VEGGIE CAR...BIO DIESEL IS WHAT IT DRINKS.
    • BIO DIESEL....LIQUID GOLD
    • WE DO OUR PART...WE DRIVE ON BIO DIESEL
    • MY BABE WON'T SETTLE FOR LESS....SHE DRINKS BIO DIESEL
    I better stop.I could get carried away to my Uni days when I used to write add jingles.
    But yes Cameron.Wind screen with the stuff that glows at night.Can even be marketed as a accident prevention device.

Keep smiling and shining folks
    Cheers
    Sauman

Quote Originally Posted by JSA
    Anyone interested in a sticker for their number plate to show their use and support of BioDiesel?
    snip

Cheers
    YES!
    I am interested. It should be done on reflective, self adhesive stock, like the red ones for LPG.
    I had a couple of 25mm squares of the reflective green trialled on my car and they are unobtrusive but can be identified easily by those in the know. I even promoted this idea to the Gov't department responsible for the "green" buses in WA, running on B20, while the idea was being promoted, but there was no support there.

This is how it looks on my FATMOBILE. It is actually Green, but the photo looks Aqua.
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 2nd August 2006 at 01:54 AM.

I am up for a few Shout if you need a hand sourcing printers for the stickers, working as a courier at the moment I deliver to quiet a few and some owe me favours.

Marc1 Guest

Send me two please and two more for spare.

Smile Re: BIO number plate sticker

I have long thought exactly about doing this, excellent it has come around.

4 stickers for me too please and let me know about money,
    Matt