Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positioning components in a Hilux

Positioning components in a Hilux

Righto! just finished the HE today. It is a draft but I think I will like it and leave it where it is provided there are no potential issues. Also, the engine bay is pretty crowded and doesn't leave much option. I have mapped out a spot for the 3 way valves and will post up when I've done that.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what yas reckon?

Cheers. Socrates

Re: Positioning components in a Hilux

Loookin Goood.

The hardest thing to achieve is a neat conversion. Perhaps you will be able to match Fitian's workmanship in making the conversions neat.

Keep up the good work.
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 SOLD.
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
    Loookin Goood.

The hardest thing to achieve is a neat conversion. Perhaps you will be able to match Fitian's workmanship in making the conversions neat.

Keep up the good work.
    Tony
    Thanks mate!!

Much appreciated. I'm hanging out to get the 3 way valves in position. After that I'm pretty well "home and hosed" (excuse pun!). There is a small possibility of testing it out this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Its slowly but surely coming together. Among other trouble with the hilux (collapsed front spring, brakes, odd oil leak) I'm still managing to battle away at the conversion.

Here is where I put the crossover valves.

In the above pic you can see the location of the return switch to the right of the powersteering tank.

I had just washed the engine bay hence the water!

You can see the location of all the components so far in the above pic. 12V heated fuel filter (with one stuffed glow plug ) to the left, FPHE under the air filter feeder pipe and valves to the right rear.

All's gong well.

Comments welcome.

Where did you buy the heated filter and how much?

Peter<><

Quote Originally Posted by PeterAC View Post
    Where did you buy the heated filter and how much?

Peter<><
    From here
    eBay Motors: Dual 12V Heated Fuel Filter SVO WVO Biodiesel Diesel (item 170276013124 end time Nov-08-08 19:53:49 PST)

I was lucky though. I bought before the dollar dropped and when the 12Vs were cheaper. I paid around 180 Aus for it plus postage was around the 200 mark.

There is a bit of opposition to these on the forum as to how eficient they are. From my point of view - I haven't yet taken an accurate reading but, they do significantly heat the oil.

mate, you have enuf room in ther to throw a party
    i have placed the same sort of gear(nearly) in the same sort of area. i had to really manage the space tho, as soon as i find my piccies i will post what i mean. if i cant i will take some new ones and post them.
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie1kanobie View Post
    mate, you have enuf room in ther to throw a party
    i have placed the same sort of gear(nearly) in the same sort of area. i had to really manage the space tho, as soon as i find my piccies i will post what i mean. if i cant i will take some new ones and post them.
    Throw a party??!!

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Did you put your filter in the same place?

NO, i wish!!!!

my filter had to go way down near the front left hand whell, below the air filter. i have found the piccies, now just gotta figure a quick way of posting them.

stay tuned.
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

[quote=Socrates;32871]Throw a party??!!

Lo...quote]

I agree, enough room for a party or a two complete conversions under the one bonnet.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 170,000km on WVO,(2017) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 9 version. Improvements under investigation