Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Reactor and other pics

New Reactor and other pics

The oil stock pile

The pump meter and bowser below

The processor room

The burner type Heater unit Thanks dave and wayne.

The Big boy reactor

Stage one WVO drying and heating system
    Last edited by RODEONICK; 17th November 2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added Text
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

Re: New Reactor and other pics

The big pump 2" fitings 500 litres a min and 3 HP
    c
    The bottom cone of reactor with 2" mix pump suction, 1" stand pipe assy and 1" bottom glycerol drain point.

IBC plumbed up to 44's for spray drying WVO and second for spray drying finished bio.

Little pumps to move the drying oil around all have foot valves fitted to allow for mounting up so high

Inside of reactor Presure side of 2" pump outlet hose

sun proof IBC

More oil stocks
    Last edited by RODEONICK; 17th November 2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added Text
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

Spray boom for bio side of drying system.

Small Pump mountings

My very own hand trolley Jealous?????

Possible reactor for future up scale????
    Last edited by RODEONICK; 17th November 2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added Text
    Cheers
    Nick.

Awesome setup Nick, it must be nice to have all that space do do what you want! Most of us city folk have to make do with small sheds or half a garage!

Quote Originally Posted by RODEONICK View Post
    Little pumps to move the drying oil around all have foot valves fitted to allow for mounting up so high
    Do you mean they have a foot operated pump so you can prime them?

The pump meter and bowser below
    Where did you get the meter? Some don't work well with WVO/bio, but I wouldn't mind getting one that is not too expensive but reasonably (+/-10%) accurate, and can handle thick WVO.
    Sean

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RODEONICK

Do you mean they have a foot operated pump so you can prime them?
    I was talking to Nick the other day about this.... seems like foot valve is another name for a non-return or one-way valve. In this case stopping the oil from draining back down the pipe under gravity allowing him to place the pumps on top of the IBC.

Nick could you explain your process for drying the oil?

Peter<><

Gday,Foot valves are commonly used when you use a centrifugal pump to pump out of a dam or creek.They stop the pump losing its suction when they are switched off.
    Nick, What are you useing for a methoxide mixer? You have a great setup well done. regards Westwinds.

you certainly have got serious with it Nick

top stuff

now how do you get the grass to grow like that KOH glycerin maybe????

Wow how rude of me i havent replied to these people. (michael here are the pics)

Westwinds i mix my meth by opening a new drum of meth and removing the right amount usually 40L i think. then add the req KOH into the remaining 160L of meth in the drum. i have a 3/4 inch ball valve screwed into the small bung hole and the normal 2" bung fitted. i rock the drum on a movers trolley and when mixed or pressure gets a bit high i open the ball valve which has a hose that goes under the floor to the next stable into the intake side of the BIG BOY pump. This venturi action works well then i just loosen the 2inch bung to allow air in to equalise. no pouring no back ache and no fumes.
    Cheers
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by pangit View Post
    Where did you get the meter? Some don't work well with WVO/bio, but I wouldn't mind getting one that is not too expensive but reasonably (+/-10%) accurate, and can handle thick WVO.
    dont buy one. waste of money wasnt accuate and leaked very quickly.
    Cheers
    Nick.