Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many biodiesel users are there in Tas.

Re: How many biodiesel users are there in Tas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga
    SNIP
    I have just checked the oil prices at riverina and they are $350+ for oil per tonne. I am checking to see if I can find a transport company that will bring it over and if so would be happy if others wanted to be involved to make it easier. I'd love to have 20000lt, but where do you store it. I'm checking water tanks for this purpose as I beleive that 5000gal galvanised are only $1500 each
    Avoid galvanised tanks, the zinc will react with the oil and make a mess you do not want to deal with!

If you look at cold pressed, degummed canola, you may get a better price than for bleached, deodorised and pH balanced oils for human consumption. Your quote may be for that, I do not know, but you don't need all of the processinf, for pbiodiesle production. You would also be advised to ask the supplier to specify the FFA content before you make the purchase, as oil pressed from seed which has been sitting for a while may have a high FFA content. As you know, high FFA = hig soap production.

Glenos, I am leaning towards wild radish as its so easy to grow and you don't need a lot of preparation, just chuck in the seed and bingo up it comes. So they say and it grows well in our sandy soil

http://www.riverland.com.au/default....8&ArticleID=53

For anyone interested in checking it out, this is the price page at riverland.

I have just checked the oil prices at riverina and they are $350+ for oil per tonne. http://www.riverland.com.au/default....8&ArticleID=53
    Feeling a bit confused here. Aren't those the prices farmers get for their canola seed? I'm still waiting for Riverland to get back to me on a price for oil. It seems their minimum shipment is 27T.

Cootamundra Oilseeds does 1T at $1.10/liter. A price per liter of less than $1 is possible for larger quantities.

Local Landmark can do 1T at $1.20/liter.

Will let you know if I find out more.

Glenos,

I'm interested in getting hold of an expeller and i noted that you said you had one. How did you get hold of it? Any suggestions from where to source one?
    On that note, if yours is available i'd definitely be interested.

Cheers

Hi, I have just joined this forum and thought I would stand up and be counted. I am in the Cygnet area and have just started to make bio in useable quantities after messing around for 3 years. I finally go shocked into getting serious a few moths ago when I decided that the price of filling up was too much. I have a Peugeot 405 and had a lot of trouble a few months ago when the supply was changed over to desulphured fuel. It made the seals in the pump leak and it cost a complete pump & injector rebuild. When the car was going again, the performance was dreadfull. It was quite dangerous at times because if you were pulling out from a side road with oncoming traffic, it was never certain that you could get across the road without the engine dying and leaving you stranded . I finally got a fill of B50 and the differance was just amazing. The performance was back as good as before or better and the engine is running much more smoothly. I am sold. Now I am still processing in 20lts batches but have a 150 Lt plant in the making. ( an appleseed). I am using caustic ( NAOH) and a range of oils from 3 suppliers. I am now on B100.

G'day Cart, nice to hear from you, be interested to see how you go with your processor. As you know down here we probably get the dregs petro diesel, I've also have had trouble with it. I'm just about to put my rebuilt triton 2.5 turbo on b100 as the rebuilder is happy to give me warranty on it after its run in. He says if he covered it before everything had settled and seals or anything went, then he couldn't claim them from the suppliers as faulty. Which it appears is becoming more frequent with asian parts and seals, which use lower quality materials.

Hi Alga, I have a problem now with my supplies of used oil. It seems that since a few articles in newspapers & items on TV, everyone wants to make Bio. Most of my regular suppliers are now knocking me back and telling me they are giving it to others..... Oh well it was good while it lasted. I am looking at alternatives but have not come up with anything yet. The processor is coming along and I hope to have it running soon. CU cart

Hi alga & cart,
    I am headed down your way (especially cart) in November for a holiday around Tassie and I am hoping to meet up with some of the forum members whilst I am down there. I am spending 5 days on Bruny Island cart so that is quite close to you.

Would you guys be interested in a catch up and a cuppa or a beer when I am down there? I would love to see your setups and your rigs.

Cheers,
    Cameron - Sydney

Hi Cameron, yes it would be great to have a meetup. I have sent phone & email to you. Alga maybe you would like to join in? Cu

Hey cart,
    sounds great. Happy to catch up on Bruny or closer to your place - I am going to be around for a month and travelling right around the island.

alga - where abouts are you in Tas? you can pm me if you would prefer...

cheers,
    cameron

Hi Fella's, I'd love to catch up however presenty I am travelling in Aus and won't be back until late Nov. I think a co-op would be great, the best way would be to built a few small processors around the state and either gorw our own crops or organise farmers to do it. Currently they are all going broke as they are squeezed out of the market by multinationals and imports. With a bit of organisation it wouldn't be hard to set up around the state. I can currently make just over 300lt every 8 hrs but am working on a bigger plant and crusher. By-products can help reduce costs and with the cuurent duopolies running this state it wouldnt' be hard to estabilsh an business and lock growers into long term contracts to capture the market, keep it locally owned and reduce prices.

I've worked out most of the logics and operation plans just need fine tuning.
    Just a thought, as I'm sicking of feeding the morons destroying this state with our money and resources. Otherwise I'm happy to just do something small between us.