Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hemp Anyone?

Re: Hemp Anyone?

WoW, there's alot of pro thought here about hemp. So I just gotta throw in my 2 bobs worth.

Queen Elizabeth the first passed a law that one tenth of all farmland MUST be cultivated with Hemp, So to supply her demanding Navy with rope and sailcloth. Failure to grow hemp would result in the forfeiture of your land.

Hemp grown for intoxication (drugs) and hemp grown for fibre and textiles aren't that much different, the difference is HOw it is SOWN. Hemp grown for drugs needs at least 1/2 a square metre per plant so as to spread out its limbs and produce seedless heads, and must be all female plants. Hemp grown for fibre and oil, must be densely sown at one plant per square centimeter, and be of both sexes, which results in A thousand highly competitive plants per square metre of land, growing up to three metres tall in one season, (hemp can be cultivated to have 2 seasons a year this way) This results in one of the highest Carbon Sinks known to man, better than sugar cane. Each plant will produce just one head, 1000 per SQ. metre, which is heavily seeded with fertile seeds. Useless to smoke as a drug.

Hemp seeds produce more oil per volume than most other oil seed crops. One square metre of Hemp grown in this method can consume in six months the same amount of CO2 from the environment, as one square metre of old growth rainforest does over ten years.

As poultry feed hemp seed has more fats and protein than most other stock feed. The Nederlands has a loop hole in the cultivation of hemp because hemp seed is promoted there as the highest quality Chicken feed.

The Dupont Corporation lobbied the US Government to ban hemp in the nineteen twenties, and also invested in a number of scare campagne films, now viewed with great humour, And at the same time had just discovered and patented how to make fabric from Fossil Oil. Rayon and Nylon. Hemp Fabric for clothing is also known as Vegetable Rayon.

Hydroponic Hemp grown for drugs is the most genetically modified crop on earth. Hydroponic hemp grown for drugs under lights has more embodied energy from fossil fuels than Gold or Titanium.
    Hemp grown naturally in the sun and earth is a class C drug.
    "Hydro" is a class A drug which is proven to lend itself to mental sickness.
    Last edited by darren leonadas; 21st August 2006 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    My wife loves to use hemp fabric nappies on our little one and swears by it. Highly absorbent, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. She is nearly as passionate about modern cloth nappies (as opposed to disposable ones) as I am about biodiesel
    Now, I just have to find a process to convert hemp wrapped baby poo to biodiesel....
    Bury them in the garden and grow an oil crop ontop of them!

Quote Originally Posted by darren leonadas
    WoW, there's alot of pro thought here about hemp. So I just gotta throw in my 2 bobs worth.
    Hemp seeds produce more oil per volume than most other oil seed crops. Hemp grown naturally in the sun and earth is a class C drug.
    "Hydro" is a class A drug which is proven to lend itself to mental sickness.
    Darren
    I have 120 acres of irrigated land, as well as all of the necessary implements as well as tractors
    How would they run on Hemp oil Biodiesel?
    Would they be able to keep a straight line?
    When are we starting mate?
    I will leave the plant density as well as the variety up to you
    I will just be the farmer
    Awaiting your input
    Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Darren
    I have 120 acres of irrigated land, as well as all of the necessary implements as well as tractors
    How would they run on Hemp oil Biodiesel? >>Just sweet and cruisy.
    Would they be able to keep a straight line?>>>Going by world wide studies drivers, under the influence of hemp are much less prone to accidents then those on alcohol.So I think dynamics will follow the humans who designed them.Even if they miss a beat or too....we should be allright.Maybe a tad bit slow and dopey...thats all.

When are we starting mate?>>>Am back home soon.I put up my hands to volunteer.

I will leave the plant density as well as the variety up to you
    I will just be the farmer>>> and a bit more if I can get away with it.Like say quality controlling the plants .Both on man and machine.
    Awaiting your input>>>hanging out for it
    Cheers
    Chris
    Smiles and shines
    Cheers
    Sauman

Hey, lol, but seriously....

I heard the guy who invented the Diesel engine ("Diesel" I think his name was) had cannabis seed oil in mind for the fuel. Any truth to that?

I also heard that seed mass makes up 50% of a female Cannabis plant grown for seed.... and that the Cannabis seed is one of the world's greatest natural sources of nutrition.... and that it cures cancer (I'm going to grow a couple lbs. and test that one myself.)

MJ,
    What you heard about Rudolph diesel is not true, just as the statement that he made the engine to run on vegetable oil.
    the following is and extract from the Foreword (by Rudolph diesel) to
    DIESEL ENGINES
    FOR
    LAND AND MARINE WORK

By A. P. CHALKLEY

B.Sc. (LOND.), A.M. INST.C.E., A.I.E.E.

WITH AN INTRODUCTORY CHAPTER BY

D.R. RUDOLF DIESEL

... it is not yet generally known that it is possible to use animal and vegetable oils direct in Diesel motors. In 1900 a small Diesel engine was exhibited at the Paris exhibition by the Otto Company which, on the suggestion of the French Government, was run on Arachide oil, and operated so well that very few people were aware of the fact. The motor was built for ordinary oils, and without any modification was run on vegetable oil. I have recently repeated these experiments on a large scale with full success and entire confirmation of the results formerly obtained. The French Government had in mind the utilization of the large quantities of arachide or ground nuts available in the African colonies and easy to cultivate, for, by this means, the colonies can be provided with power and industries, without the necessity of importing coal or liquid fuel.
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 30th October 2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

I think hemp has massive potential, but despite all the comments to the contrary here, the most recent information I read (a few weeks ago. I forget where) suggested that all varieties of hemp plants, and all hemp products were illicit in Australia, because the legislation did not distinguish between THC containing plants, and plants with negligible THC.

Am I just reading outdated info? lol

Darren Leonadas - are you certain about the only difference being how it is sown? I'm quite certain that there are industrial hemp varieties that produce very little (almost no) THC, but I would be very surprised if how you sow a plant could reduce THC levels enough to make it not useable in any form as a drug, without also compromising on the yield of hemp.

Could be wrong, just sounds a bit odd to me.
    Last edited by TroyH; 30th October 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

From Wikipedia

Mercedes-Benz uses a biocomposite composed principally of hemp fiber for the manufacture of interior panels in some of its automobiles.

That explains why I am feeling high
    Fitian
    <><