Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the new oil police?

Re: the new oil police?

EPA Qld has no issues with us carrying small quantities of oil, even in my case of 200 litres its ok.

Tell them to go jump.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Newcastle herald had a feature on the Rutherfed plant some time ago.
    They had been given council approval for increased production and a facility
    at the port of Newcastle to ship the bio out.
    So I imagined it would only be a matter of time before they hit the Central coast stores.

When the price of diesel went up here in the UK to 1.30 per litre I started to make my own fuel. I paid for the good qual oil and still do. A commercial company who collected the oil previously for free started stealing the oil left for me but the owner told them -that is theft. Do you think it might well make a difference to them if your shop owner told them there is a price to pay for his/her oil -in the future ?????? This could well frighten them off more than any other threat because the Comercial dealers do not like paying for anything. I heard the commercial dealers paid around 10p per litre last year and you can see it for sale on Ebay of all places !!!!!
    As I'm sure every one knows that here there is now a Law to cover every mortal thing and you cannot go about everyday life without breaking some Law or rule but wether the Law makers do anything about these paltry descrepancies is another matter. Another way of sorting these collectors is to ask you shop owner to leave them the crap in their container and you collect your nice oil skimmed off the top - give them the dregs----- IS THIS NOT EXACTLY WHAT THEY DERERVE. ??????

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Newcastle herald had a feature on the Rutherfed plant some time ago.
    They had been given council approval for increased production and a facility
    at the port of Newcastle to ship the bio out.
    So I imagined it would only be a matter of time before they hit the Central coast stores.
    A mate of mine up northern rivers way has lost all his supplies to this lot I suspect and they are making inroads to my area as well, now paying for my oil, too good a supply to let go.A good supply is everything to making bio.

Matt
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

no word back from the EPA as of yet..

Wink Re: the new oil police?

Nothing ceases to amaze me so -please have a look on the UK Ebay re used cooking oil !!!! I found it educational to say the least and brings home the vast differences in the quality of the raw product and indeed the price seems to have dropped in some instances this year. As a matter of interest I noticed on the supermarket shelves since it was publicised that cooking oil was approx 3 or 4 pence per litre less than the pump prices for diesel.. A lot of folks (dealers in oil) were not slow to jump onto the bandwaggon & 'dipped their bread in... but back to the dregs so to speak if there are folks selling on UK Ebay what appears to be a bit solid 'oil' your local cowboy commercial collectors should not complain if whats left the is a bit solid or gooey should they????? 'he-he-he

Find out what their collectino schedule is and drop in the day before they are due to go, pump out all the good oil from their tank, leave the dregs and add anything else you have left over from your other collections - like HMP, crunchy bits etc.

They will soon get tired of coming around for an empty drum !.

I have noticed at a few of my regulars lately that drums have been dropped off unsolicited. None of my regulars are using them - so i am thinking of liberating a few of these also !

Craig
    Holden Suburban K2500 1998 6.5L Turbo GM engine
    210,000KMs (90,000 on new crate motor)

Currently 2 tanks in and working - 90 litre BIO tank and main tank of 160L WVO

30 plate FPHE in Engine bay and Helton Dual coil in rear
    Walbro FRB-5 pusher pumps x 2

50,000KM on Veg and 10,000Km on B100

hey peoples, just got letter back from epa/ waste oil collection is excluded in the act and so we do not require a license for oil recovery. ill be back soon with a copy for everyone. standover tactics it was...

Quote Originally Posted by algaeoil View Post
    hey peoples, just got letter back from epa/ waste oil collection is excluded in the act and so we do not require a license for oil recovery. ill be back soon with a copy for everyone. standover tactics it was...
    Great work much appreciated.

Hope you take a copy to your local chippy.
    Would be interested to hear what they say after they read it.
    Neil.

I would also suggest that you state that the ground rental for the spot the drum is on has increased to $100 per week. So they had better remove it PDQ.

Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts