Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: the new oil police?

Re: the new oil police?

JD

Like Cade and Tilly have said and all of us say in our conversations. I don't want to down anyone who uses Biodiesel, I am very happy to let friends know and my mechanic know what it is that I do.
    Yes there will be funny looks and yes people make snide remarks. but inside , you know what it is that you are doing.

I have had many unusual conversations with friends , workmates and even with my wife and kids. Yes for some reason I'm the mad scientist who cooks up some strange idea to help others.
    I take the waste oil away from the shop because it's too hard for the shop owner to organise a drum and bin to put the waste into.
    I clean up the oil and re-use it to make Biodiesel so I can reduce the nasty gasses that slowly choke our streets.
    I also save money from my little hobby.

Notice this is all about me..... but it's not.

I would be really concerned if a lot of people took up the hobby of making Biodiesel because there would be a sudden loss of oil stock around town. There would also be a change of law after many garage fires due to lack of safety and knowledge. we could go on and on but I like to think positive.

There are many great things about what I have discovered here. I have found some really good friends , a great knowledge of Diesel engines, a fantastic forum that continues to educate me and a fuel that helps me to appreciate what we do.

There are many stories here. Have a read and enjoy.

Also. sorry I haven't answered your question.
    I have not converted anyone that I personally know or have spoken to about Biodiesel. Maybe except the boyfriend of the chef I was collecting oil from. My bad.
    I have however converted my wife to the benefits of Bio and she can't wait until the next car purchase is a VW Golf that will run on Bio.

You are not crazy just highly motivated.

Michael
    Last edited by SUZUDDIS; 18th February 2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: unfinished post
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara

Stainless processor with blue water pump.

All, thank you. I have a lot to learn.

the EPA still havnt fined me or anyone else i know for making biodiesel for private use yet