Thread: Sunraysia Community Biodiesel Project

Sunraysia Community Biodiesel Project

Thanks Robert, a new thread as requested.

A few like minds have formed the Sunraysia Biodiesel Club.

Our first meeting will be on the evening of 18th October. The time and venue will be announced on this thread and in the local media shortly.

We've incorporated under the CAV model rules and with some fairly general and uncontentious aims. A committee, any changes to this initial set up and ideas about how to operate in practice and in future will be discussed on the night.

We see this as the first step towards creating a model for a community owned commercial level BD plant which:

1) will find a positive, local use for the thousands of litres of WVO leaving Sunraysia every week
    2) will offer new avenues of security and income for hard pressed local farmers who want to diversify into oil seed crops
    3) will be a model of resource efficiency - using solar power for much of its operating energy and dry wash techniques to conserve water
    4) will invest profits in community environmental education and energy creation and conservation projects

Brave words, I know, and as yet only words, but Sunraysia is only one of any number of sizeable hard pressed regional communities that are going to have to start relying on themselves for their energy in the difficult years to come. The sooner we start, the less painful it's going to be.

So for all the locals out there, come along and be heard. For any others wider afield, who might have the ideas and expertise to help, please get in touch.

Fatboy

Re: Sunraysia Community Biodiesel Project

Fatboy - well done and best of luck to you all. We'll all be interested in your progress and in supporting you in any way that we can.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Fatboy - well done and best of luck to you all. We'll all be interested in your progress and in supporting you in any way that we can.
    Here here

Joe

Anything that can provide an option for those farmers selling wheat to the corrupt wheat board and get them to switch to canola has to be a good thing.

Full details for the meeting are:

6pm Wednesday 18th October

Barry Goodwin's Workshop
    37 Pitman Avenue
    Buronga
    NSW

If anyone needs directions, just send me a personal message and I'll get back to you asap.

Fatboy

You should put an event in the calendar too. http://www.biofuelsforum.com/calendar.php
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

I came across this thread again, while deleting some spam on the forum.

Fatboy,
    Can you please advise what the outcomes of the meeting and your grand ideas of making biodiesel locally.

As I haven't heard any more posts from you, I presume that it has not progressed.

I would appreciate any information you have on starting a Community Biodiesel Project.

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel single tank using 95% used cooking oil and 5% to 10% misfuel (where someone had filled diesel vehicle with petrol).
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab. Running on used cooking oil with 5% to 10% misfuel.
    Toyota Camry Hybrid - (Wife's Car)

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup. Died when supercharger stuck at max boost for weeks. Stretched head bolts.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Donor for current Fatmobile coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    Parts Car C220 1993 All body panels, headlights, interior engine and ECU available.

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Doubt you'll get a response...

fatboys Last Activity: 29th October 2006 07:30 PM