Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial Biodiesel availability in South East Queensland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Biodiesel availability in South East Queensland?

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a commercial supplier of Biodiesel in South East Queensland?

I just don't have the time to brew it and would love to try it in my cruiser so would be looking to buy it. I have been looking into it for ages and vaguely remember someone mentioning that I "could" buy 1000 litres of B100 from a place on the south side of Brisbane but for the life of me I cannot find the post which listed the company. Ideally I would like a lesser amount or even buy it from the pump but who am i kidding

If anyone wishes to point me in the right direction that would be great.

I actually live on the sunny coast so anywhere between here and the gold coast would be good. I plan to run it as B20 in my 1991 Landcruiser (1HZ engine) Used Car Research - Used Car Prices - Compare Cars - RedBook.com.au and I have read that the pipes should be fine but I need about 45,000 fuel filters for the first few times I run it.

Thanks All!

Re: Commercial Biodiesel availability in South East Queensland?

With B20, you should not even cause one filter to be replaced. Just to be on the safe side, get a mesh type fuel prefilter like this one.

These are about $5 each (less in bulk).
    Get a couple and some wing-nut style hose clamps to suit your fuel line. Cut the fuel line before the main fuel filter and insert the prefilter at that point.
    If your prefilter blocks, it is easy to undo the wing-nuts and replace the filter with a clean one, then tighten the wing-nuts again.
    A couple of zip lock bags would be useful, one for clean prefilters, one for blocked ones. Take the blocked ones home and back flush them with air, then fuel until the crud has been removed.
    Enjoy the ride.

You may wish to check the SVO Users section for Vehicles converted to used cooking oil Your vehicle model may have been converted by forum members to run reliably on 100% used cooking oil.

Best wishes,
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 23 November 2011, 11:23 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

There is a plant at Narangba , at least there was 12 months ago and should still be there.
      the min you could buy was 1000 litres as there pumps are too big to handle smaller inlet manifolds.

Ecotech Biodiesel at 181 Potassium street , Naragba on 3204 0467
      at least that's what I could see on Google Maps.

Last I was quouted was $1.08 plus GST per litre.

Michael
      97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
      2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
      2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
      2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
      2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
      Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Cheers Michael that was what I had seen and I will give them a call but if anyone on the sunshine coast wants to sell me some..

Comment

Working...
        X